1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SG-1 & Atlantis Renewed

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by samjpullen, Oct 26, 2005.

1. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Saw this on a Post on Digitalspy so i thought some of you Stargate fans might want to know :)

SG-1, Atlantis Renewed

SCI FI Channel announced that it has ordered a 10th season of Stargate SG-1 and a third season of its spinoff series, Stargate Atlantis. Production on both 20-episode seasons is slated to begin in early 2006 for summer premieres on SCI FI.
    From Sci-Fi.com,

Heading into a 10th season, Stargate SG-1 becomes the longest-running SF drama in American television history, outlasting The X-Files, The Twilight Zone and every iteration of Star Trek. The first half of SG-1's ninth season has averaged 2.4 million viewers per week.

Stargate Atlantis has averaged more than 2.3 million viewers a week for the first half of its sophomore season.

SG-1 co-creator Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper will return as executive producers on both series.

Stargate SG-1 is produced by Double Secret Productions, in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. and Sony Pictures Television. Stargate Atlantis is produced by Acme Shark, in association with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. and Sony Pictures Television.

2. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Sweet news, thanks.

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Oh dear, I only hope things improve. For the first time last night I turned Atlantis off because I thought it was crap.

4. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If it was star trek, would you still think it was crap?

I thought it was a good episode, adds a bit of continuity with SG1 on earth.

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,367
    Surprised to see SG-1 renewed. From the first few episodes I thought 9th would be the last. But maybe it picks up later on.

Also last nights Atlantis was dire. One of those 'oops, we've spent too much money on the opening episodes' type stories. Don't want to go off on one about Atlantis but I really don't like the new ship and that they can get home in 18 days. It has completely removed that whole 'on their own' aspect of atlantis. Now if they are in trouble they can all hop on that ship and be home in a few days.

6. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Fordy, some of my earlier posts on ST indicated that I did like Enterprise until the last season, which I felt half was good and half junk and I was glad it finished.

This could all be down to me though as I seem to be quite against a lot of the shows I used to like a lot.

After hearing the results of the TV awards last night and seeing what the U.K. likes, I'm even considering ditching the TV and just watching DVD's on the PJ.

7. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I meant that Star Trek got away with substandard plots all the time and no one batted an eye lid. The fact that SG-1 has lasted for 10 years is a testament to its continual brilliance. You have to forgive it for some occasional blips. Bear in mind american networks are very fickle, far more popular shows have been cancelled in their prime.

8. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    The second season of Atlantis really picks up and gets interesting. New characters and even a new ship are introduced to the mix.

SG1 is geting a bit slow but it may pick up in the second part of the 9th season. Still not sure what they are gonna come up with for the 10th season though.