1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexy Wall Mounts !

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cigano, Feb 14, 2005.

1. cigano

cigano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help needed.....

She who should be obeyed wants my nice new Bookshelf speakers (wharfedale Diamonds 9.1) off the furniture and "out of the way" Speaker stands are not an option either :(

So hanging them on the wall, or alternativley customising some shelving seem to be my best options.

A Question how important is the height, could I hang theses high and angle them down a little without bouncing the sound off the floor (laminate) ?

Can anyone reccomend some nice unobtrusive brackets / mounts that would support these speakers. :lease:

I recall a post some time back where one guy reccomended wrapping his sats in ChickenWire and hanging them off the ceiling, for an economical solution, however thats a bit too cutting edge for me :devil: :devil: :devil:

2. Prometheus

Prometheus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you come across something really special, I'd like to know too. There seems to be a real lack of choice for wall mount speakers. You can check out the old favourites that are fairly common to find, they may have a design that suits :
    http://www.avf.co.uk/prod_list.php?cat=HF

Best of luck, I'll let you know if I come across something better. :)

3. emtee

emtee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about B&W LM1's.

I was using them as wall mounts and they were great. I changed them to QCompacts to match my fronts. Otherwise I would have kept them. Wall mounting is a snap and the look is fresh.

4. Douzeper

Douzeper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just put your foot down man, time for some mens rights :D