1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe VB on TX-PJ100: do i contact Hitachi or Dealer ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kopite4Ever, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    the roller coaster ride of my PJ life comes round another bend. didn't watch a film for about a week due to other commitments and football being on. so fired him up last night to watch Jurassic park and :eek: what the hell is that !!! VB has appeared and its not subtle. i just buried my head in my hands and shouted obscenities :mad: so i checked the net and found the pj isn't as bad for VB as other's so either mine is awful or i notice it well. i went on net found service menu and tweaked some of the things recommended and it helped a tiny bit. but i still notice it all over the picture i cant keep my eyes off it and its not acceptable at all. so who do i go to ? Pixmania who i bought it off or Hitachi to see what they can do ? will i be billed from hitachi if they find no faults ? i cant describe how bad it is. i tested some films like matrix reloaded and swordfish i had on my HDD and its awful. all over peoples faces is the worse :( thing is this VB wasn't even present at all and i was delighted with the picture from my PJ. now after a weeks break the PJ is showing this and i cant handle it!!

any advice before i go mad ?

edit: just seen pixmania will charge me for sending to france and back so it looks like im best off contacting hitachi in the uk

2. dorgan

dorgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can only comment on dealing with Panasonic.
    I contacted the place I bought it from and although they offered fo me to send it back to them, they recommended sending my projector back to a service center directly since it would be much quicker. I've since banged off a mail to Panasonic and heard from their Projector Product Manager today (Sunday!) who gave me the 2 (!) service centers in Germany that are qualified to carry out repairs on projectors. Plus they offer a collection services for products still covered by their 24 month guarantee.

In short: Get in contact with the Hitachi service center and see what they say.

Regards.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure it's not a cabling/interference issue? Have you tried another source/input?

VB doesn't usually just appear :eek: .

:smoke:

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    tried it with xbox through component and composite as well as a prog scan dvd player through component as it was all visible. i havnt touched a thing since i last used it the stuff hasnt even been plugged into the mains. its so fustrating i was to angry to try to tweak etc to see if i could reduce it. think i will consult hitachi as it has non of this before now its just appeared literally :thumbsdow

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    If you have issues with any item you buy, you should always contact the retailer first.

Sorry to hear of your VB probs, it sounds much more prominent than usual for this machine.

I have found a way of making the VB on my unit more obvious. If you leave it on standby and fire it up again it does seem to make VB worse. If you switch it off completely via the switch on the back (which I have been doing 99% of the time) it starts cleanly again.

I think I read this about the AE700 too...PJ