1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe line flicker

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Londondecca, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The only real problem I have with my Loewe Aconda is whenever there are straight or parallel lines, this section has a severe flicker. For example, if someone in the picture has a checkered shirt or the background has a brick wall, then the TV struggles to cope.

This happens on DVD, Freeview and analogue. On the DVE setup disk, the results are terrible. I have turned off SVM via the service menu but this made no difference.

The engineer is coming on Saturday, I am hoping this can be fixed as in every other regard the TV is great. The geometry, purity and picture quality are all first class.

Any ideas?

2. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Mimo 32 model, only got it 2 days ago and i have noticed it does flicker a little too much. I am more concerned about the geometry though. Picture bends down on the final 3rd of the tv screen on the right hand side. If i can't fix that the tv is going back for a refund. Any ideas how to get into service mode on these Loewe tvs?

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The service menu details are on this forum.

I dont wish this TV to be exchanged as this is TV number 10, since last November.

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you know whereabouts on this forum, i am having problems finding the info.
    To be honest the line flicker isnt that much worse then most tvs i have owned. I wouldnt consider it worthy of taking back and getting a new tv but yeah i feel your pain. To be honest i am more ****** off with how uselss DNR is and how many artefacts it creates but yeah thats my beef.
    This is Tv no. 4 since 4-5 months ago. Getting bored with it all this bother but i am tempted to try the latest Samsung Rear Projection tv. If that doesn't do the job i dont know where to turn to next. :rolleyes: