Severance (Apple TV+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

I noticed the announcement for the second season starts at season 7 and rolls down quickly to season 2. I wonder if they are telling us how many they have planned? Surely that’s not random.
Sorry, probably being Mr Stupid but can you please explain what you mean by starting at 7 and rolling down to 2?

Sorry, probably being Mr Stupid but can you please explain what you mean by starting at 7 and rolling down to 2?
Sorry, it would have helped to share the announcement:D

Sorry, it would have helped to share the announcement:D

Ah, I see! Does look to me that they may be hinting at 7 seasons.

I don’t think I’ve seen many multi-season TV shows that don’t end up disappointing, in some manner, in the latter years. Even though this is probably the best thing I’ve seen on TV, I hope this doesn’t get all a bit too complicated and ‘clever’ for its own good.

Anyway, massively looking forward to s2!

No to 7.

Do it well, so far it's flawless.

Late to this one, went in blind, and absolutely love the concept. Only two in so far, but it's pretty damned great.

Wow, what a season finale. Proper edge of the seat stuff, brilliant TV.

Last edited:
Pretty certain this would lose its magic if it was to go to 7 seasons.

Keep in mind the first season was going to be 10 episodes but the 10th episode was moved to the first episode of season 2.

I think this could easily be stretched out to it’s detriment.

Not watched the finale yet (don't hunt me down), but I don't want to see talk of 7 seasons. As unless they have already got it all mapped out perfectly, it's when things can go terribly wrong.

Not all stories need to span years.

Not watched the finale yet (don't hunt me down), but I don't want to see talk of 7 seasons. As unless they have already got it all mapped out perfectly, it's when things can go terribly wrong.

Not all stories need to span years.
I think 3 seasons would be about right for this show. Next season will be the fallout from this season and then a final season to tie things up.

Finale was fantastic and a great example of brilliant editing to rachet up the tension.
Great stuff overall - who would want to be an innie? Looking forward to see where it goes from here..

I don’t even want an Innie belly button, let alone be an innie

I receive a notification a while ago on my phone about a companion booklet called The Lexington Letter, available on Apple Books app.

Just read it, very interesting and worth a look.

Finished this last night, another winner from TV+ I just hope Season 2 is as good and doesn't go the way of The Morning Show.

Boxed this off last night.

An absolute triumph. Definitely one of the best TV debuts of the last decade, perhaps longer. Perfectly executed as well; a solid 9 episodes that didn't outstay their welcome.

So many questions raised, most notably for me around Irving. When he discovered that box and the contents underneath, that looked like he'd been investigating the company for a while.

Now given what he was also painting all the time, we have to assume that he was sent to that same place Ms. Casey was sent to for a "reset". Was Burt as well?

Then there was Helly and all what we discovered there, no doubt she's a real person of importance.

It also didn't pull any punches either with the stakes that it raised. There's now multiple people all with knowledge of dodgy goings-on, including Devon, so that's going to make for an interesting start to the next season.

I bloody well hope we don't have to wait long!

Just finished this one, superb season.

Absolutely nail biting ending.

What's the testing floor? How does Irving know what it's entrance looks like?

Just finished this one, superb season.

Absolutely nail biting ending.

What's the testing floor? How does Irving know what it's entrance looks like?

It looks like the place where they go for a "reset". If there's deemed to be a problem with one identity leaking into the other.

As per my post above, Irving knew what it looked like as he's clearly been there before based on what we saw him find in his box. He's been investigating the company in the past and had a list of names and addresses.

I suspect him and Burt must have been romantically involved in the past.

Keep in mind the first season was going to be 10 episodes but the 10th episode was moved to the first episode of season 2.

I think this could easily be stretched out to it’s detriment.
Ah, I didn't know this, but I guess it makes sense. Presumably ep 10 ties up some of the stories a bit more neatly and when they got an s2 renewal they held it back.

The creator did say he has a seven season plan although I feel 3-4 would probably be enough.

But still, it's fantastic and I'm very excited for S2.

Ah, I didn't know this, but I guess it makes sense. Presumably ep 10 ties up some of the stories a bit more neatly and when they got an s2 renewal they held it back.

The creator did say he has a seven season plan although I feel 3-4 would probably be enough.

But still, it's fantastic and I'm very excited for S2.
I saw an interview with one of the cast meme red, IIRC, and episode 10 was meant to show the immediate consequences of the season 9 shenanigans. Ben Stiller, however, felt it would have more impact to leave e9 as the Season finale and I reckon it was a good call. Frustrating though!

I just finished the season tonight and my goodness what a show it is. Fantastic stuff and I'll be telling anyone who'll listen to watch it.

Finished this last night, fantastic. Had a bit of a Mr Robot S1 feel to how the story progressed and revealed towards the end, and believe me that's high praise from me :D

9/10, can not wait for season 2.

Started watching this last night
...my daughter's been banging on about how great this show is for ages
...if it wasn't for that I would have turned off after 20 mins ..zzzzzz....not sure if Im going to watch episode 2

Started watching this last night
...my daughter's been banging on about how great this show is for ages
...if it wasn't for that I would have turned off after 20 mins ..zzzzzz....not sure if Im going to watch episode 2

posts brian GIF

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom