Severance (Apple TV+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

10/10 an excellent TV series.

Still no answers :D

What a stupendously amazing show. Just finished the last episode and I realised when the credits came up that I was watching it with bated breath, literally.

Season 2 cannot come soon enough. I hope, though, that they have this planned out - like Dark on Netflix which was only ever going to be 3 seasons - because I don’t think the excellence can be maintained if it’s not kept tight and limited.

Anyway, in my scale of excellence, this may even beat Dark which, for me, may make it the best thing I’ve seen on TV, ever.

I’ve run out of superlatives for this show. 10/10 - not a weak scene in the entire season.

Last edited:
I have watched Dark season 1 so far and whilst I agree that it is very good. I found Severance to be utterly brilliant. I can’t remember being this gripped to a TV show for a very long time. I was halfway through the final episode and it felt like 10 minutes of viewing. Sad to see it is over but so exited to know there is more to come!

I have watched Dark season 1 so far and whilst I agree that it is very good. I found Severance to be utterly brilliant. I can’t remember being this gripped to a TV show for a very long time. I was halfway through the final episode and it felt like 10 minutes of viewing. Sad to see it is over but so exited to know there is more to come!
Yeah, you’re right, this is brilliant - concept, script, acting, direction - the whole lot. Best thing I’ve seen.

This line had me :D

. I sound like a sad old hamburger waiter prattling on about sauces

Just watched the finale, what a brilliant show. Apple is making such a poor job promoting their streaming service, it's slowly getting to top of my list in terms of original content.
They really need to forget about their walled garden for a bit and think about putting tv+ on every device out there.

Just watched the finale, what a brilliant show. Apple is making such a poor job promoting their streaming service, it's slowly getting to top of my list in terms of original content.
They really need to forget about their walled garden for a bit and think about putting tv+ on every device out there.
I think it’s on most streaming sticks/boxes and newer TVs? Certainly is on my Fire TV sticks and Samsung tellies.

Totally agree about Apple TV+ getting to the top for original content.

True, it has grown in availability. No android/android tv support is still a massive gap though.

10/10 an excellent TV series.

Still no answers :D
Well
that was to be expected since we knew a second season was greenlit. But from the interview linked below it sounds like plans changed because of the deal for season 2.

Here's an interesting interview with the show's creator. Don't read if you haven't finished season 1:

What an ending!

Definitely gonna do my part to spread the word about this fantastic show.

Apple need to do some lengthy trials to encourage people to subscribe IMO. There’s plenty of decent content now for people to at least subscribe for a few months.

Well that was absolutely fudgeing amazing. Best TV show in absolutely ages.

What an ending!

Definitely gonna do my part to spread the word about this fantastic show.
My brother in law has texted me to say he’s just started watching it. I’m pretty envious! I may watch it again to see what nuance and hints I may have missed the first time around.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m watching the Finale again this evening with the missus who has no idea I already watched it at 5am and would be fuming if she found out :D

looking at the three who are going to be woken up- Irving is on his own so nobody to tell, Mark will tell Mrs Selvig. That leaves Helly. We get a glimpse of her at what looks like an evening party. Could this be the Eagan dinner party that was mentioned in the previous episode? Which in itself means that Helly is involved possibly with the family, meaning her awakening is a lost cause. Unless she is at a normal dinner party. Let’s hope so!

Nailed it :D

In other news, I just watched the finale again. Crikey you miss a lot of info on the first watch. It’s a massive episode, so much info is given to us. A real bumper episode of clues.

Apple need to do some lengthy trials to encourage people to subscribe IMO. There’s plenty of decent content now for people to at least subscribe for a few months.

I'll be getting an 8 month trial out of them by the time I'm finished. They have got a few going right now.

Not watched the finale yet, but really looking forward to it.

They have done that though, haven't they? And it's not something anyone asks of other streaming services.
General media/content creator coverage is also an issue, their shows barely get reviewed while a new D+ show will get 2-3 articles/videos per episode.

I’m not sure, I don’t think I had a particularly long free trial when I first looked into it.

Hopefully Severance being such a great TV show would get a few more people subscribed so more content will be made.

I’m not sure, I don’t think I had a particularly long free trial when I first looked into it.

Hopefully Severance being such a great TV show would get a few more people subscribed so more content will be made.
It’s clear that Apple are in this for the long haul and the funding of content is a non-issue for them - and likely for the foreseeable future - irrespective of subscriber numbers in the short and medium term.

As far as I'm aware Apple were throwing out 12 months free when you bought one of their products, and now depending on your console and/or television you can also get lengthy trials.

Given how cheap a sub is too, it's tremendous value for money given the quality it has. Especially in comparison to bloody Netflix!

Incredible finale, brilliant first season.

Going to say it...probably my all-time favourite tv show.

Season 2 filming now so we should get it early next year. I've been recommending this to anyone and everyone, but lots of people don't have Apple TV+. It's absolutely worth even paying just a single month subscription (£4.99?) to binge this show alone.

Last edited:
Although it took me a good few episodes to get into it, I absolutely loved the show by the end - what a finale!

I noticed the announcement for the second season starts at season 7 and rolls down quickly to season 2. I wonder if they are telling us how many they have planned? Surely that’s not random.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom