Severance (Apple TV+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Yep, loving this so far. Huge potential. Also - great title sequence.

Cheers Tom. I think I'm going to have to finally make that bold leap into Apple TV this year. I've not bothered with anything on there yet. And I know there's a few gems people have spoken about.

Cheers Tom. I think I'm going to have to finally make that bold leap into Apple TV this year. I've not bothered with anything on there yet. And I know there's a few gems people have spoken about.
This, Morning Show, Ted Lasso (of course) and Foundation are all well worth your time, I think. All are close/equal to HBO level of quality vs traditional streaming fare.

This, Morning Show, Ted Lasso (of course) and Foundation are all well worth your time, I think. All are close/equal to HBO level of quality vs traditional streaming fare.
Ted Lasso was a huge surprise. Thought I’d be getting a very different show and I’m very glad I did.

Definitely checking this out. Apple hasn’t got a GoT or anything like that, but it does constantly well made shows. Maybe not to everyone’s taste, but they at least give a poop what is being made with their money

This is sitting on a whopping 97% on a Rotten Tomatoes. I'll certainly be giving it a go. Apple are really hitting their stride now, those billions finally paying off.

I loved Schmigadoon. Give it a go if you're in any way into musicals.

For all Mankind and Physical, are also worth a watch.

I loved Schmigadoon. Give it a go if you're in any way into musicals.

For all Mankind and Physical, are also worth a watch.
Actually yes, enjoyed Schmigadoon too. Must get back into For All Mankind

This is sitting on a whopping 97% on a Rotten Tomatoes. I'll certainly be giving it a go. Apple are really hitting their stride now, those billions finally paying off.

I haven't taken much notice of Apple upto now, but they seem to be knocking out some big hitters fairly regularly these days. Are they still only £5.99 a month as well? It sounds like a steal compared to Netflix, and I'll bet the quality of streaming is better too.

streaming quality is about the best out there as to picture and sound. for all mankind is excellent. some of the standalone movies are very good too. if you have an apple account you can normally watch the first episode of any series for free as a trial.

streaming quality is about the best out there as to picture and sound. for all mankind is excellent. some of the standalone movies are very good too. if you have an apple account you can normally watch the first episode of any series for free as a trial.
Agree. . Not big on quantity but big on quality. . Finch, For All Mankind, Greyhound are all worth a watch.

I haven't taken much notice of Apple upto now, but they seem to be knocking out some big hitters fairly regularly these days. Are they still only £5.99 a month as well? It sounds like a steal compared to Netflix, and I'll bet the quality of streaming is better too.
I think it still costs about that, but I get it as part of Apple One for £20 a month.

PQ and AQ is very solid. 30mbit or so if memory serves, the highest of all the mainstream streamers. And of course everything is Dolby Vision/Atmos.

greyhound was very decent too i thought.

I guess I'm going to be in the minority here but I can't engage with Severance at all. I'll come back to it and give it another try.

Really liking the opening episodes to this. Great concept and aesthetic.

Agree with others that it definitely feels like Apple are really hitting their stride at the moment, getting more value out of ATV+ at £5 a month vs something like Netflix at almost triple that.

I think Apple has been excellent VFM, it's the only streaming service that hasn't annoyed me.

And the Best Picture Oscar should be going to CODA from Apple not Doggy Doings that will probably win.

For All Mankind
Foundation
See
Mythic Quest

I'm not sure about Severance as yet, watched a few episodes and it's intriguing, might end up good or annoying the bejesus out of me 😁

Despite trying to sell the show in the review by comparing favourably with "Tales from the loop" which was relentlessly tedious tripe I might still give this a go as the premise is interesting and just after finishing and enjoying DEVS this sounds like a good next step.

Great review Tom, thanks. I’d agree and say it’s a very promising, very solid 8/10.

I think it has the potential to be an extremely interesting and thought-provoking series.

Loving this so far. So much potential for twists and turns and how one consciousness impacts the other. I've only watched the first episode but you can see how things could go - Mark writing messages on his body to remind him of things to do etc. Cast are all great, the writing is wonderful.

Apple TV+ is really justifying itself.

I can only echo what others have said, Apple TV+ seems to be doing quality over quantity and I have enjoyed everything so far.

The Morning Show
For All Mankind
Theyran
The Bankers
Greyhound
Suspicion
The Long Way Up
Foundation
Ted Lasso

I still have to watch Finch and start Severance, also need to start See.
Apple TV+'s 2022 line up looks good too. :)

I was lucky and had free 12-18 months worth subscription to Apple TV+, needless to say, I have subscribed for another 12 months.

I'm only two episodes in and so far this is some of the best TV I've seen for a long, long time. I hope the rest stays at this quality.

Just caught up with Episode 3.

This is absolutely fantastic. I’m already very invested in the characters. The acting is amazing, the direction top notch. It just had me transfixed. I can’t do it justice and I guess that’s why I don’t write reviews but…it’s just damn good.

Would highly recommend. Episode 3 is an easy 9/10 from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom