Severance (Apple TV+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Yeah can only imagine what my daughter's going to say when i tell her !

Mind you she walked off after the first 15 mins of Ozark !!

Now that is blasphemy !

I actually gave up on Ozark the first time I tried to watch it too after about 15 mins. Didn't go back to it until close to the third season coming out and loved it.

I would say give Severance another couple of episodes before you dump it.

yeah ..she just said the same thing

Tried Ozark twice now. Just didn’t click with me. Sometimes it’s your frame of mind though. I’m sure I’ll give it another go. I’m running out of stuff to watch.

I can understand why someone wouldn’t like Severance. It’s slow moving and understated.

I think it’s phenomenal Television though.

In a world where people want instant gratification from their movies and TV, Severance is sadly something that isn't going to deliver for a lot of people.

And dare I say it's something that requires a bit of thought, and therefore isn't suitable either for someone playing on their phone throughout.

In a world where people want instant gratification from their movies and TV, Severance is sadly something that isn't going to deliver for a lot of people.

And dare I say it's something that requires a bit of thought, and therefore isn't suitable either for someone playing on their phone throughout.
Just finished Severance and have to say it some of the best TV I have seen in a long time.

The story telling and direction are really good and the show has very high production values making the show seem like a price of art.

Bring on season two.

Started watching this last night
...my daughter's been banging on about how great this show is for ages
...if it wasn't for that I would have turned off after 20 mins ..zzzzzz....not sure if Im going to watch episode 2
Persevere. Couple of more episodes. If you’re not into it by then, it’s not for you. If you do like it, you’ll love it.

687E1A49-13A4-4192-81A3-7842CD532CEE.jpeg

:D

Ricken, you absolute legend.

Finished the first season.
Definitely not for those that don't want to add too much input and resources in what they view on the screen.....😀😀

Late to the party. Finished tonight, absolutely fantastic show. Production, direction, colour grading, opening credits, of course the concept/story and performances.
Yes, some parts a little predictable but overall a 9/10 for me, last episode was a 10/10. Roll on season 2!!!

We struggled with this in parts but wow did it pick up and end perfectly. Great acting and leads. All came together superbly and just made us appreciate the episodes we maybe struggled with. Fantastic. Bring on S2

I can understand why someone wouldn’t like Severance. It’s slow moving and understated.
I loved it, my wife thought it was dull. She kept falling asleep and missing chunks (happens with most shows) so by episode 5 or 6 I just watched the rest myself.

I think some people are in danger of not having the attention span for slow moving stuff like this. I found the pacing being slow absolutely perfect for this series. It had me gripped the whole way through. The episodes would just fly by. To the point of me watching the opening credits so each episode would last longer :D

Just finished this last night. Best telly I've seen in a long time (since Queen's Gambit?). A bit of a shame it's locked away on Apple TV, if this was on Netflix it would making a much bigger buzz, I reckon. The cast, direction, everything, just excellent. If you're a Black Mirror fan then this is right up your street.

Just hope they know when to call it quits, we don't want another Lost please.

Avoid unless you’ve watched it all, but if you have this is worth a watch:

Avoid unless you’ve watched it all, but if you have this is worth a watch:

Is it just me or does the presenter look and sound crazily like the guy from Modern Family?

Surely season 2 is on soon....

It's been too long!!!

I started watching it again last night. With someone who hasn’t seen it.

Lovely to see the reactions to certain things.

Maddest revelation in that - the refining process was an actual working "game" that they designed for the actors to use (and learn how to do).

Just started watching this again as my son hasn’t seen it so I thought I’d accompany him.

Fascinating going into it knowing what I now know!

Was between this and Tehran but I just started watching the former.

Positive noises on this all around so have this pencilled in for next weekends viewing.

Oh to be in a position to watch this series with every episode available to watch. It’s great stuff.

We need more things like this. Season 2 is going to be massively anticipated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom