Severance (Apple TV+) Season 1 Premiere TV Show Review & Comments

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Imagine being the lucky sod who gets to binge watch this amazing series.

It’s been superb throughout. An absolute Gem of a TV Show. So refreshing to watch something like this. Looking forward to next Friday.

Oh just to add, I waited until midnight for this to air last night, I assume it’s changed to 1am because of British summertime?

richp007

Distinguished Member

It’s been superb throughout. An absolute Gem of a TV Show. So refreshing to watch something like this. Looking forward to next Friday.

Oh just to add, I waited until midnight for this to air last night, I assume it’s changed to 1am because of British summertime?

That was going to be me, but like the weak ass snowflake I am I caved in after watching the first episode :laugh:

I felt compelled to catch up so I could read the spoiler tags in this thread!

I think there is an argument though that watching this show with a sense of dread and anticipation week on week, would actually serve the experience better than just blasting through it.

Jason56d

That was going to be my mate. We had several alcoholic beverages last Saturday, Sunday evening he messaged me to say he had watched all 7 camped out on his hangover sofa! Only intended on watching 1st episode, but could not stop himself!

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
looking at the three who are going to be woken up- Irving is on his own so nobody to tell, Mark will tell Mrs Selvig. That leaves Helly. We get a glimpse of her at what looks like an evening party. Could this be the Eagan dinner party that was mentioned in the previous episode? Which in itself means that Helly is involved possibly with the family, meaning her awakening is a lost cause. Unless she is at a normal dinner party. Let’s hope so!

encaser

looking at the three who are going to be woken up- Irving is on his own so nobody to tell, Mark will tell Mrs Selvig. That leaves Helly. We get a glimpse of her at what looks like an evening party. Could this be the Eagan dinner party that was mentioned in the previous episode? Which in itself means that Helly is involved possibly with the family, meaning her awakening is a lost cause. Unless she is at a normal dinner party. Let’s hope so!
I was left reeling at Ms Casey, the wellbeing counsellor being his supposed dead wife.

cezarL

I may have missed the party reference but if she's at it then it would explain why " outie Helly" was so adamant in those recorded messages. And it's a "nice" twist on her attitude inside... :(

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I may have missed the party reference but if she's at it then it would explain why " outie Helly" was so adamant in those recorded messages. And it's a "nice" twist on her attitude inside... :(

I just checked and it’s not a dinner party but the Eagan Family Gala which was mentioned to Harmony by Natalie when she was confronted in the corridor👍🏻

‘And will be available to meet with you at the Eagan Family Gala next week’

Episode 7

……and obviously the snapshot we see of Helly at the end of Episode 8
7568E395-ACA8-43D7-96B0-E4887FC984B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I was left reeling at Ms Casey, the wellbeing counsellor being his supposed dead wife.
I think Ms Casey’s existence gives us an insight into what they are doing at Lumen. She seems to be a servant that stays at Lumen asleep and is awoken to perform work duties but has no other life outside of work. Very strange.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
This thread should be 20 pages long. It’s by far one of the best TV shows I’ve seen in a long time. Looking forward to the season Finale and of course exited to hear season 2 has been confirmed. Whoop whoop :D

veedub

Cracking series - can’t wait to see more! Hopefully season 2 can maintain the standard.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Warner Bros Discovery set to combine Discovery+ and HBO Max
  • By Ian Collen