1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Several XBOX games/preorders for £21.99

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by bigal100, Feb 28, 2004.

1. bigal100

bigal100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At Splash if you feel it's worth the risk...

In fairness I ordered the GTA double pack at £17.99 (!!) earlier this week, and it arrived today - they've since changed the price on this, but there are quite a few games at £21.99 including:

Balders Gate II
    Alias
    Bad Boys II
    Barbarian
    Steel Battalian Line of Contact (I presume without the controller ;) )
    NFL Fever 2004
    NHL Rivals 2004
    Operation Flashpoint
    Sudeki
    Top Spin
    Worms 3D

Also a few half decent titles at £6.99/£7.99, and the small Xbox pad for £11.99.

Oh, and if you spend over £25 they'll send you Donnie Darko on DVD. Get in quick if you're interested as they have a tendancy to edit their prices very quickly...

Go to here and do a "View All" on Xbox.

Al :smashin:

2. bigal100

bigal100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And since yesterday, there seems to be a couple of pounds off each product, so the above games are £19.99 and the pad is £9.99. Can't be bad.... :)

3. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never used Splash, are they generally a bit poop? Just wondering about your 'if its worth the risk' comment

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    just do a search in the dvd movie bit Or a Google search and you'll see how bad they are - the worst online store ever IMO

5. bigal100

bigal100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now down to £15.99 - what's going on??!!

6. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +376
    just checked to save another few quid and whilst I was on-line they changed NHL Rivals from £15.99 to £34.06 !!

Good job I got at £19.99 :)

Jon

7. bigal100

bigal100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, this was the risk - Made a couple of orders, and now on order tracking there are a few messages stating a misprice, order cancellation, and credit card to be refunded.

Does anyone know what my rights would be in this situation (as credit card has been charged, and confirmation email sent).

Incidently, point 4 of their terms and conditions is...

4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and SplashDVD.com unless and until SplashDVD.com accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time SplashDVD.com sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by SplashDVD.com of your offer to buy goods from SplashDVD.com. SplashDVD.com reserve the right to charge your credit or debit card at the time of ordering.

Al :rolleyes:

8. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No rights - Splash do this all the time - just hope you do get your Card refunded. For details on who to contact at trading standards in jersey etc [link removed. - mod]Theres plenty of info there.

9. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well i hope you got your money back and no one else ordered anything/ waiting for anything as Splash have now gone Bankrupt.