Seven Worlds, One Planet (BBC One)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Sir David Attenborough will return to BBC One for a seven-part show called One Planet, Seven Worlds.

The series aims to "celebrate the diversity of life" by traveling to a different continent in each episode to show the challenges faced by animals in a world increasingly modernised by man.

"We will discover why Australasia is full of peculiar and venomous wildlife; why North America is a land of opportunity where pioneers succeed; and what the consequences are for life racing to compete on the richest of all continents, South America.

"The series will feature remarkable, new animal behaviour from all the continents including the baking plains of Africa and the frozen waters off Antarctica. In Asia, the biggest of all continents, we will showcase life at the extremes, whilst in Europe we will reveal surprising wildlife dramas hidden right alongside us."

One Planet, Seven Worlds has been announced on the heels of the BBC airing Attenborough's critically-acclaimed Dynasties, which brought huge drama to screens by telling the stories of the most exotic species on the planet.

The BBC has also announced that Attenborough will be bringing back Blue Planet for a live TV event that will revisit the stories of animals featured in the original series.

One Planet, Seven Worlds: Sir David Attenborough to return with new natural history series - Sunday Post

Sounds interesting. Putting things in context.

That looks amazing.

Please BBC sort out Dolby Digital in iPlayer before this goes on it in UHD!

Emailed the Beeb earlier to ask if this will be part of the UHD/HLG trial. This was the response.

Thanks for getting in contact with BBC iPlayer Support.

I understand that you are contacting us regarding Seven Worlds, One Planet on iPlayer.

It would be great to be able to watch this programme in UHD, Jason!

Nature documentaries in high quality are brilliant. I really enjoyed Dynasties and Blue Planet II in UHD.

At the moment, we are not sure if Seven Worlds, One Planet will be added to the UHD trials.

This doesn't mean that it won't be added in the future. We are always appreciative of interest in the UHD trials.

I will make sure this is recorded and placed on our BBC iPlayer Feedback Report.

This will be seen by the Head of BBC iPlayer as well as by the various iPlayer Product teams.

Keep an eye on the UHD page on the iPlayer Help website for any updates:

BBC iPlayer Help - Can I watch programmes in Ultra HD on my connected TV?

Your interest in these programmes being available with a higher audio quality is also very welcome. This is something I would love to see (hear) myself.

I am not aware of any plans of this happening at the moment, but this could of course change in the future.

Thanks again for getting in touch, Jason.

All the best,

Random ballot for free preview screening in the city of the NHU, on Wed 23rd Oct at Cinema de Lux Bristol, 5.30pm ...
Seven Worlds, One Planet is the brand new natural history documentary from BBC Studios, fronted by the legendary Sir David Attenborough.

This exclusive preview screening will be hosted by Sir David himself and you could be in the 300-strong audience!

Seven Worlds, One Planet is the latest BBC wildlife documentary series to follow the adventures of some of the Earth's most fascinating creatures - from the baking plains of Africa to the frozen waters of Antarctica, right over to the far reaches of Asia.

Tickets will be allocated by random draw.

You can register at any time until 10pm on Thursday 10 October.

You can apply for a maximum of two tickets.

Good luck!

Starts this Sunday at 6.15pm, clearly favouring stuff like Strictly and Antiques Roadshow :mad:
Antarctica - a land of survivors enduring the most hostile conditions on earth. 98 per cent of the mainland is covered by ice on which virtually nothing can live. Even the sea freezes over, but the Weddell seal manages to survive here by keeping its breathing holes open by using its teeth to grind away the ice.

Below the sea ice, conditions have been stable for millennia. Life has flourished and diversified. Starfish, sea spiders and three million predatory worms carpet the ocean floor, and sea anemones feast on ocean giants. Islands on the fringes of the continent are free of sea ice, far more hospitable and crowded. Huge colonies of king penguins cover the land, and four-tonne elephant seals fight for territories on the beach.

The abundance of life found here is down to the incredibly rich ocean surrounding the continent. The strongest currents in the world whip up nutrients to the surface that feed Antarctic krill. Numbering an estimated 400 trillion, their combined weight is greater than any other species in the world. Humpback whales round them up using sophisticated feeding techniques, and gentoo penguins escape the jaws of leopard seals and orcas to reach the open ocean and feed on them. On rare occasions krill swarm in baitballs measuring kilometres across, where they are feasted on by thousands of penguins, seals, albatross and fin whales.

Antarctica was only discovered 200 years ago, but humans have had an enormous impact in that time. The whaling industry killed over 1.5 million whales here, taking many species to the brink of extinction. But since the ban on commercial hunting in 1986, whales are making a remarkable come back. In addition, the Antarctic treaty is exemplary in demonstrating that countries from around the world can unite to protect wildlife. However, due to climate change, the Southern Ocean is warming and sea levels are rising. Perhaps more worrying is that a warming of the coldest region on earth will have profound effects on global weather patterns. Although Antarctica is far away, what happens here will affect all of us.

Great picture quality yes, but what about audio????
Can’t believe that it’s in 5.1 Dolby + on BBC 1 and crappy, more compressed Dolby Digital stereo with the UHD iplayer feed!
So annoying!
Edit: not PCM audio, but plain DD stereo.

Last edited:
The pcm 2.0 track is actually a downmix of the 5.1 track. If you‘ve got a receiver that has Dolby Pro-logic variant or Dolby Surround decoding then the surround information will be retrieved as it is matrixed into the 2.0 channels. Obviously it will not be as dynamic as a discrete 5.1 mix. My AVR does a good job with extracting the surround sound and the centre dialogue.

Love these series. And I wasn't even watching in 4K!

Can anyone tell me what the name of that song was that was playing at the end during talk of the whale numbers increasing? Cheers.

Our one UHD programme per year - thank you BBC.
PQ fine, audio from the 80s, and the iPlayer BBC logo all present and correct to annoy us OLED users.

Another thanks to the BBC, missed live show so catching up on iPlayer and had assumed it would be HD only, thankfully UHD was available.
Looks stunning in HLG

Love these series. And I wasn't even watching in 4K!

Can anyone tell me what the name of that song was that was playing at the end during talk of the whale numbers increasing? Cheers.
Think that was just music and I think Hans Zimmer may have had an hand in it I spotted a bit during the episode that was similar to music used in Batman. The end credits are Hans and sung by Sia.

Funny Just before they showed the crew filming part was thinking it must be great being part of the camera crew the showed what they went though using the big white phone and was that poo there were walking round in.
I thought it was moving when they were interviewing one and could see a tear creeping out of his eye then it really showed and quite a stark warning what were doing to the environment.
Just wondering with all the childrens protest the other week which was commendable but just wonder how many will go back to school and get a parent to run them to school.
I saw something last week where a tribe were due to global impact there was hardly any fish left in there area and were down to one small meal a day. :(

Hello. We have a 1080p TV that supports HLG (Sony KDL50WF663).

Anyone know if the 1080p stream for this program will also include the HLG element, or will HLG only be available with the UHD stream?

Cheers

Amazing TV this.

They’re showing the wrong programme on the UHD stream tonight, a repeat of the walrus footage from Our Planet.

Last edited:
I guessed the jump moment something was not right. I was surprised later on when the bird almost got killed and still went back Bird brain :rolleyes:
I would have thought with being a viper it would have poisoned the bird.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom