Seven Swords LE R3 boxset

dave1de

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I saw this too - but is the film any good?

Tejstar said:

saw it a while ago, starts of very well, good film but not up there with hero or the likes

Not seen this one yet. box set looks good. Wonder if the swords are metal?. IMDB reviews are mixed. Hmmm tempting to buy... must resist....omi dofo.

playthefilm said:
saw it a while ago, starts of very well, good film but not up there with hero or the likes

Think I'll give this a miss then. :)

I've hard this cut on its theatrical release, is the uncut edition anywhere to buy on dvd?

Tejstar said:

I didn't' think too much of it as it borrows too much from other, better films and doesn't really add anything new. Its becoming a common insult for a film these days but it is like a Michel Bay directed Hero or Crouching Tiger. Unless you are buying this particular boxset because you think its going to be worth something I'd steer clear.

BrianC said:
Unless you are buying this particular boxset because you think its going to be worth something I'd steer clear.

No, I'm just a sucker for LE stuff.

I do like Jackie Chan films as well though, the only one of his I saw and didn't think was much cop was The Tuxedo. And yes I realise that this isn't going to be of the same calibre as say Drunken Master/Project A/Wheels On Meals or his other early classics.

its a good film , just not a great one.
any fan of hero , hofd , cthd should not be too disapointed , i actually liked it quite a lot as it has more fights than some of the others mentioned.

Finally watched this yeaterday and was pleasantly suprised on how good it actually is. It starts off quite pants and just when you think about half way do I read a book instead, it really kicks off. Donnie Yen really adds a lot of prescence and his martial skills really put the others to shame apart from monkey boy(?)

Nicley shot, acting not too bad very violent (did find it over the top at times). Good fight sequences especially last fights. Reminded me when I used to visit my cinema to watch Kung Fu flicks on friday nights where most of the film was forgotten but we would mimic the top-notch fights in the living room. No chance of copying this one. :D

7/10

It is a good film. However, it used to be a mini series at 4 hours and cut by 90 minutes to make the film. At the moment, the mini series on DVD is very unlikely.

nwgarratt said:
It is a good film. However, it used to be a mini series at 4 hours and cut by 90 minutes to make the film. At the moment, the mini series on DVD is very unlikely.

Nope the movie is seperate to the TV series which is 40 Episodes.
The TV series was shot simultaneously with the movie, based on the same source material ("Seven Swords of Mount Tian") but utilizing a different cast, the movie covers 20 years in the lives of its seven sword-slinging heroes. Starring good old Zhao Wen-zhuo (THE BLADE), Ada Choi and young Mainland star, Wang Xuebing, the series has already aired in Taiwan where it was selected as the number one Chinese TV series of the year.

The TV series is out on R1 dvd Today see here http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=731790

I thought the movie was very poorly edited (the original cut was around 3+hours - i think thats where you got the mini series idea from??) and was quite confusing, didnt spend enough time telling who was who etc.
The Tv series should have the time to spend on character development.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom