1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven r1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Jan 7, 2001.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,581
    Just watched my copy that i got from santa and this film just gets better every time i see it, the new dvd transfer is excellent in picture and sound,a stunning dvd package,thats 2 david fincher dvds that are excellent it content,anyone else agree and whats your view on the set?

------------------
    http://iamadvdaddict.homestead.com/dvdlist.html

2. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had to send mine back because both (thats both) spindles were smashed and the disks were loose. The box was pretty cool but i decided to wait for a replacement before i put it on. And i'm still waiting...

------------------
    "Can we blow up the Earth?"

3. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fight Club and Seven, two of the best films out there, and in terms of packaging, beat everything else I've got hands down. Packaging and content I mean. Seven is so brimming with extras it's a truly amazing box set. This is what Special Editions should be, *special*, not just a fairly ordinary release.

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any easter eggs on this disc? I'm sure that it is bound to have some!
    Neil [​IMG]

------------------
    That's pretty lame Milhouse!

http://members.tripod.co.uk/Neildo/index.html

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Have got the Se7en 2 disc set and it rocks!
    What's Fight Club like ? And what's it about (not just a load of blokes beating the sh!t out of each other I hope) [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

6. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,581
    FIGHT CLUB is excellent,the story is good and the dvd package is about the same as SEVEN,the packaging is the same kind also,i'd say that there are more extras on the fight club discs,can't say much about the plot of fight club because it has some nice twists,my advice.......buy it and let me know if you liked it.

------------------
    http://iamadvdaddict.homestead.com/dvdlist.html

7. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't rate Fight club very highly.
    The trouble is that it's one of those films with a big plot twist at the end (like Sixth Sense).Once you have seen it once and know what is coming ,there is less urge to watch it again.
    Its a very dark and sombre film too.
    I thought it was highly overated .There are shed loads of extras though (if you like that sort of thing).

8. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Game was OK but not a patch on Seven. I haven't seen Fight Club.

9. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "The Game" is another of my top films that stunned me the first time I saw it. However, I find I can watch "Fight Club" more often.

PaulBoy, the title for "Fight Club" does seem to have put a lot of folks off, from what I've read on n/g's and the like, but truely, just ignore the title and get the film if you're not adverse to a bit of fighting going on in a film.

I often come out of a cinema (when I used to go) having enjoyed a film, but I was buzzing after seeing "Fight Club" - there are so many little details in it that I've gained on repeat viewings. I remember when I first saw it at the cinema I spent the first little while wondering if we were in the right film!!

Also, the packaging and extra content of the DVD make it a truly splendid purchase. In fact, I made a specific point of making it my first ever DVD purchase a few months ago.

PS - buy the R1 version though.

------------------
    Stuart Booth
    Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

10. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever you do give fight club at least one viewing.I've seen it at least 20 times and still love that twist.

"I am Jack's ever enlarging....DVD collection"

Cheers
    PH.

11. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    How come nobody has mentioned THE GAME ?

It was much much better than FIGHT CLUB and almost as good as film as SEVEN.

Very well filmed and written in every way

12. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Got the new R1 version of "Se7en" today, and have to say that apart from being a stonking great film, anyway, it has to be possible the most impressive DVD transfer I have ever seen! The picture quality is simply amazing, and the sound is pretty good too, although it's still one of those films that's either dead loud or dead quiet (if you pardon the pun)!

The 2nd disc off Extras is also pretty amazing too, especially the comparisons between Cinema and DVD versions. When you see the changes they have made, you will bow down to DVD forever more... well, that is if you don't already! ;-)

ONly one minor dissappointment: why release it in a crappy cardboard outer sleeve?! Come on Warners, (for it is you... again!!!! - New Line Cinema being a sub-division of Time Warner Inc.)! Stop making great special edition sets, and then releasing them in ruddy cardboard! Jeez, the external black sleeve on "Se7en" is uselessly thing!

Apart from that quibble, get this DVD immediately!

Pooch

13. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    On a good sound system, the bit in Fight Club where the plane blows out is about one of the freekiest home cinema experiences I've had - damn near **** myself [​IMG]

14. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    I can't believe that there are people out there who HAVEN'T seen Fight Club. What are you waiting on? It was probably only the best film over the last few years. I can understand someone who considers themselves a film fan to not have seen films like Scary Movie, Blair Witch II, Scream 3 - but this film was so talked about that surely you must have considered watching it sometime? Watch it - 99% chance that you'll not be disappointed.

15. desade

desade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cardboard is better than plastic as the Se7en box set proves...allows for more creativity and ambience..

Only kidding!

16. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    David Fincher heh? Don't you just love him?

How come no one has mentioned that classic sci-fi film of his .....ALIEN 3.

/me just got hit on head by someone.