1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seven (moving backgrounds)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eel, Apr 15, 2002.

1. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please help!!!!!! I have a problem with the region 2 release of Seven (the latest remastered version.) the problem being background break up. This is apparent in a lot of scenes and i know that it must have been a difficult film to transfer to dvd, but this movie has been given 10/10 for picture quality in a lot of magazines. does anyone else have this problem? (I have cleaned disc and my dvd's lens but still the problem remains.

player
    Sony s735d

2. Ghoulies!

Ghoulies!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My advice - trade it in for a Region 1 version! Much better: fantastic picture, uncut, more features, vastly better packaging!

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hi there - just quick question on seven - whats cut out of the region 2 version?. Picture quality is excellent on region 2 so i doubt if you'll better it by much on region 1.
    Mick

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

1) The UK edition of "Se7en" has NEVER been censored for video or DVD release, by the BBFC.

2) The US disc, in my opinion, is a little better in picture quality than the R2 version, but it's down to personal preference, and whether or not you have a multi-region DVD player or not. Also, the packaging is definitely superior on the R1 set, in comparison to the nasty Entertainment In Video jobbie!

Pooch