• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Setup & Streaming via SqueezeBox/Pronto

GIG888

Standard Member
Hi All,

New to this forum so bear with me!

I'm in the process of setting up my new home theatre system and would like to do the following;

I have all my music stored on my HP Media Smart Server running Windows Home Server. I would like to be able to listen to my music on my Home Theatre System and control the music playing through my Pronto 9400.

The problems are;

1. I can't pass a sound cable from my amp to my server so everything must be done over wireless or CAT6.
2. I have discovered the SqueezeBox Receiver, can someone verify that if I plug this into my amp, I will be able to connect to my server and control all my music via the pronto?

I hope someone can help,

Thanks in advance

GIG888

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
>can someone verify that if I plug this into my amp, I will be able to connect to my server and control all my music via the pronto?<

So, to use any of the Slimdevices products, you'll need the Squeezecenter music server running on the HP box. But Squeezecenter is known to work well on Windows Home Server.

If you buy just the Squeezebox Receiver, without it's own Controller, you'll need to visit the Slimdevices support site and download some server software to configure it. The Squeezebox Classic 3 or Transporter don't need the Controller for their set-up.

To use Pronto 9400 you'll need to buy the SlimPronto add-in which lets the Pronto send commands over wi-fi to control the player(s). If you buy a Squeezebox Classic 3 or Transporter (which use IR remotes) it's dead easy to get the Pronto to learn the IR codes, but you do then need line-of-sight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom