Setup Question

Lifor

Hi there. I have just bought a new soundbar, and am looking to take advantage of DTS HD Master Audio. Currently considering what is going to be the best way to set this up. I was thinking of using HDMI and an optical cable, but not sure if I should just be using the HDMI ARC instead as I know the optical does not support the lossless audio formats?

keithwiggins

Hi there. I have just bought a new soundbar, and am looking to take advantage of DTS HD Master Audio. Currently considering what is going to be the best way to set this up. I was thinking of using HDMI and an optical cable, but not sure if I should just be using the HDMI ARC instead as I know the optical does not support the lossless audio formats?
assume you are wanting to playback using discs? i ask cos other than blurays all the apps netflix etc offer dolby.
so assuming your tv and soundbar can process dts simply connect your tv arc input to the soundbars using a hdmi cable.
or if your soundbar has extra hdmi inputs you could always connect the player direct to the soundbar. hope that helps.

Lifor

Thanks for the reply, yeah that makes sense. Set the blu ray player up to the soundbar and connected that via ARC. All works perfectly :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom