1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup problems with Free2view

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rayhill1, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rayhill1

rayhill1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm moving to a location in the Scottish Highlands where BBC Freeview is not available and do not particularly want Sky - the standard five channels I currently get via terrestial will do fine. Trouble is the aerial reception is not good and the house does have a satellite dish so I've acquired a panasonic Sky digibox from a friend and a Sky viewing card, yellow house and activated, via ebay. I hit the following problems.

1. On occasions I just get a message saying there is no satellite signal. If Idisconnect and recycle I may then get reception again

2. But then, at present I can only get BBC Emidlands on 101, Chan4 0n 104 and Chan 5 on 105. BBC2 England and ITV do not at present appear although a month ago I did get them for a couple of days.

3. If I go to say 941 for BBC1 Scotalnd again the no satellite signal message appears.

It does not appear to be a dish problem - all the time there is a good 18 volts
    at the masthead.

Any suggestions woul be very gratefully received - or do I just give in and get Sky on a minimum contract for a year

cheers
    ray hill

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The dish could be slightly out of alignment, the LNB could be faulty or need adjusting and the cable could be water damaged not to mention a dodgy tuner in the digibox.
    The FTV card was registered for a different region and the FTV channels take time to be recognised that's assuming you have a good lock on the default transponder in the first place.

SKY's "freesat" offer is out now, £150 for a brand new installation with FTV smartcard and full warranty with no monthly subscription. Probably a better option then spending money getting your current hardware up and running. Assuming you have never had a subsidised SKY install before you can take advantage of their offers, get free hardware but take out a 12 month contract but packages can be adjusted within the 12 months to the minimum value.

3. tomleeeee

tomleeeee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where's the info about this 'Free Sky' £150 offer? I've checked sky.com but can't find it anywhere..!

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    They have never been to keen to advertise products that don't come with a subscription:)

I've seen this website , might be genuine, either way just contact SKY directly they will be able to give you any further details.