Setup problem with Denon 3802

Just thinking have you put the source on the amp to DVD and tried the OSD.

Try dvd as the source and select a suitable surround mode that would use the 5.1 then try the OSD. I know on my HK if you select a source like cd and turn the surround mode off the OSD differs to that when I select a 5.1 source like dvd on the amp.

hoppaz said:
Just thinking have you put the source on the amp to DVD and tried the OSD.

Try dvd as the source and select a suitable surround mode that would use the 5.1 then try the OSD. I know on my HK if you select a source like cd and turn the surround mode off the OSD differs to that when I select a 5.1 source like dvd on the amp.

The tv was an lcd and tried both s-video & video outputs without result.
I will try to select a surround mode and then OSD to see what happens although I am so optimistic anymore.
I heard from a friend of mine that if the amp has a backup battery inside (in order to store radio stations, settings etc) it might be dead (since the amp was off the plug for a period of 4+ months) and therefore causes all this trouble.

Do you know anything on this ?

My receiver has been uplugged for almost a year. Coincidence or is there something to this backup battery thing.

Unfortunately no. The amp is in service. There is no backup battery and the problem is a malfunctioning transistor on the board. I will pick up on Friday & let you know...

I actually got mine to work last night. I found a snippet on page 16 of the manual that states that the on screen display is only transmitted through either S-Video or the Composite video cable. I was using component video from my satellite receiver to the 3802. When I changed that to S-Video the OSD worked just fine.

I have same problem with my avc a1sr used to work fine thro all outputs doesnt any more :-(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom