1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setup Pioneer vsx - 859

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Depechie, Jan 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Depechie

Depechie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well,

Small question, but I'm hoping on a large response :D !

I'm buying a Pioneer vsx-859 soon, and I was wondering how to set it up for 6.1 sound ! ( Dts Es )

Do I need anything like an extrenal amp ?
    Or does the receiver have enough inside to handle the 6.1 sound ?

Any thoughts ?

Thx,
    Glenn

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The amp you mention only has 5x100watts and will need a power amp to give you 6.1/7.1.........but it does have the decoders on board for ex/es........
    Pioneer do the supporting power amp....... model no M-10X

Have you not thought of other models that support this format without the need for power amps...........

3. Depechie

Depechie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For 7.1 you need an extra AMP !!
    But I don't know for 6.1 ...

4. digital

digital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my 859 set up for 7.1 but briefly it was 6.1. You do need a 2nd amp (i use an old marantz integrated pm44se). For 6.1, I connected the LEFT pre-out on the back of the 859 (marked suuround back single)to the aux input on the marantz. And then connected the single rear speaker to the back of the marantz.For 7.1, I use BOTH preout's and both speaker terminals on the marantz. This may be wrong but it works. The only thing is the volume is low in the rears compared to the other channels but works ok.

5. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for 6.1 or 7.1 (ie the use of the rear back speaker(s)) you need and additional amp and speaker(s)..connect the 859 to the amp and the speaker to that.