Setup novice

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Ridgewoodwoody, May 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ridgewoodwoody

Ridgewoodwoody
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new Sony KD49XE8005 tv. I already have a Onkyo TX-NR535 and Sky Q. 2 TB box. I have a KEF soundbar with two rear speakers connected to the Onkyo. My previous older TV was set up for me so I am really naive when it comes to all this. The setup seems to work more by luck than knowledge, however.
    There are two issues. Firstly, I am totally confused about what HDMI cable to put where to get the best out of the system and secondly there are awful lipsync problems when the Onkyo is on. When we turn it off and just uuse the tv speakers the lipsync is fine. Any advice very greatly appreciated.

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +566
    Hi, the lipsync issues could be something similar to this thread, so check all these areas.

Quick Setup > Audio > A/V Sync, if you need to check the firmware, check here firmware, with this side (Please be aware you can stop the amp from working, so its critical you follow the instructions fully as I nor Audio Visual Online take no responsibility for your actions if anything happens to your amplifier)

For the LipSync and HDMI ARC, Also check page 76 of Onkyo's online manual. As for the TV, it will be a similar process which can be found here