Setup MediaPortal with Sky/Freesat and DJBlu's amazing EPG Grabber in just 30 minutes!

Yes .... Dropped mptvdb before I started again from the installfilter.cmd section

Ta

I get the unknown error since djblu stopped and the other guys took it on. If I uninstall and run the original installer without the djblu stuff, it works fine. I didnt look too far into it, just made do with making my own tv groups and using web-epg

The files on the thread u guess are from when djblu still had it?

I've just looked in the 'tuner10' and 'tuner20' folder and all that's on there is one file called '.placeyourmdapipluginshere' ... Kind of indicates there should be something else in there? Cheers

When I preview a channel (before clearing them post the cancelled scan) - The tvserver returns an unknown error there too and doesn't actually show me anything. I think I may need to possibly get that working first as the EPG is grabbed from the data stream isn't it? Without seeing any channels it won't get anything :0

Think I may uninstall MP and MDAPI and start again!

The files in this thread are from 1.80 I think, which is after djblu left. You could download the original 1.80 installer and see if it works ok, should only take 30 minutes or so, or even try djblu's last one, then you'll know if its just the latest.

I dont know about the other stuff with tuner 10 etc, I dont think I have those folders :)

edit The preview fails for me as well, exactly the same as you

The plugin is 1.4.6.0 I think and when I check the threads that's the one in the djblu post which leads me to think it is before the MP team took it on?

They also make changes to the installer, not just the plugin. If you look at the thread you'll see the Mediaportal and Tv Server installers, 1.5 1.6 etc

The files on the thread u guess are from when djblu still had it?

I've just looked in the 'tuner10' and 'tuner20' folder and all that's on there is one file called '.placeyourmdapipluginshere' ... Kind of indicates there should be something else in there? Cheers

You only need something in those folders (acamd.dll and cardclient.conf when you are running Sky - they are not needed for freesat).

When I preview a channel (before clearing them post the cancelled scan) - The tvserver returns an unknown error there too and doesn't actually show me anything. I think I may need to possibly get that working first as the EPG is grabbed from the data stream isn't it? Without seeing any channels it won't get anything :0

Think I may uninstall MP and MDAPI and start again!

Yeah, that's correct...

v1.80 is the first 'non-djblu' release. it works perfectly for me though...

I may need to un-install my end and re-run through the guide...

@jaipal2004

What is the very first step in the guide where it doesn't match up exactly for you?

I've just ran uninstallfilter.cmd, dropped the database, and reinstalled MediaPortal. I ran through the setup again and it worked perfectly.

The only thing I can think of is because you aren't using a TBS card, maybe leave 'allow card to be preloaded' and 'pause card' both unchecked at steop 7 and also, try leaving throttling checked when you do the grab.

Also, I've amended step 12 slightly as you should be able to preview a channel at this point.

Try it on to begin with...

If you don't Select allow card to be pre loaded you don't get any files created to edit!

I've therefore turned on cam and ticked the above option and I get the files. Just about to proceed on to next step now!

Tried to preview and still getting an unknown error. I then turned off the cam and retried the subsequent steps and same problem!

now very frustrated!!

Why don't you try a vanilla MediaPort install and see if you can get to at least preview the channels?

I'm frustrated for you! I wonder if the guide has ever worked for anyone else...

I've had a version working a long time back (without this plugin).

What vanilla version shall I try? Don't want to try something this plugin isn't compatible with.

Cheers

Forget the plugin for the moment. We need to make sure it's not a driver problem or some similar issue.

Try downloading vanilla 1.8 or the 1.9 pre-release just to test the step where you preview a channel. We need to make sure the card works in MediaPortal. Then if that works, we can start to work out why djblu's 1.8 is failing for you...

Or if you feel confident about where to place the 2 plugin dll files, then go for his modified 1.6 installs (both MePo and TV Server) and use the guide...

Ok downloaded v1.8 from the MePo site and installed and did the pre-load, CAM on and Pause options in the cards, scanned, cancelled after a few seconds and previewed any found channels and it worked!!

I totally missed out all the MDAPI stuff.

So.... (if you've still got patience for me :) ) ...

what next? I guess I step through the MDAPI stuff? And where/which version of the DJBlu plugin shall I use?

Ok - some success finally!!

Downloaded v1.7 from the link Mik kindly provided and then installed DJ Blu plugin and the Grabber plugin. Did all the configuration and previewed the channels and then enabled cam, pause and preload etc and that worked.

I then proceeded to enable the plugin and let it refresh the EPG data - all works :)

Is it worth me upgrading to 1.8? Am I missing much?

Thanks to MonkeyJugs and Mik for getting me this far !!! Cheers

Glad you got it sorted

I dont think there is much difference, I'd stick with what works. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom