setup help newbie

C

cheekielassie

Hi, i badly need some help to set this system up correctly. I've got a sanyo ce28wp4-b tv, sanyo dvd-1500, sanyo vcr vhr-m290e, pace sky+ and a pioneer vsx-c100 av multichannel rx. On the back of rx i have 2 optical and 1 digital coax connx. The default setup iin book is opt1-tv/sat, opt2- dvr or opt1-dvd, opt2-dvr, my dvd or sky plus do not have a digital coax output so both need to be connected optical, i'm unsure of the best way to connect my eq and i would be grateful if anyone could advised on the best setup thanks in advance. :confused:

Most a/v recievers will let you configure what inputs use what digital conections. If this is possible just connect the sky to optical 1 and the dvd to optical 2 and set the reciever up to compliment this. What is dvr anyway?

hi i tried to configure it that way but for some reason it would only give me option for opt1 and coax i'll try again and let u know what happens cheers. btw dvr is digital video recorder (i think lol)

Bear in mind the labels the manual gives are purely for convenience, the receiver doesn't do anything special if it thinks it's connected to a DVD for instance and in fact it's an STB.

Thus you should be able to ignore how it describes them and connect as needed.

hi, thanks for all the help i've managed to get it going, sky+ to opt1 labelled tv/sat, dvd to opt2 labelled dvr/vcr coax set for dvd and all i need to do is press dvr/vcr button on rcu if i want to watch a dvd and tv/sat to watch sky, wish i had realised that earlier as it's been driving me nuts lol. thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom