1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setup help newbie

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cheekielassie, Nov 20, 2003.

1. cheekielassie

cheekielassie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i badly need some help to set this system up correctly. I've got a sanyo ce28wp4-b tv, sanyo dvd-1500, sanyo vcr vhr-m290e, pace sky+ and a pioneer vsx-c100 av multichannel rx. On the back of rx i have 2 optical and 1 digital coax connx. The default setup iin book is opt1-tv/sat, opt2- dvr or opt1-dvd, opt2-dvr, my dvd or sky plus do not have a digital coax output so both need to be connected optical, i'm unsure of the best way to connect my eq and i would be grateful if anyone could advised on the best setup thanks in advance. :confused:

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    Most a/v recievers will let you configure what inputs use what digital conections. If this is possible just connect the sky to optical 1 and the dvd to optical 2 and set the reciever up to compliment this. What is dvr anyway?

3. cheekielassie

cheekielassie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i tried to configure it that way but for some reason it would only give me option for opt1 and coax i'll try again and let u know what happens cheers. btw dvr is digital video recorder (i think lol)

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bear in mind the labels the manual gives are purely for convenience, the receiver doesn't do anything special if it thinks it's connected to a DVD for instance and in fact it's an STB.

Thus you should be able to ignore how it describes them and connect as needed.

5. cheekielassie

cheekielassie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, thanks for all the help i've managed to get it going, sky+ to opt1 labelled tv/sat, dvd to opt2 labelled dvr/vcr coax set for dvd and all i need to do is press dvr/vcr button on rcu if i want to watch a dvd and tv/sat to watch sky, wish i had realised that earlier as it's been driving me nuts lol. thanks again