• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Setup for Grandstream HT801 and voipstunt

cwjs

Novice Member
Hi,
Does anyone know the setup for voipstunt on a Grandstream HT801, I am using voipstunt directly on my router (a Thompson so I know the settings that uses) but I need to change my router to a fibre one supplied by my ISP, I have tried but do not seem to be able to get the settings to work.
Thanks

psychopomp1

Don't think its the HT801 you need to look at as it is just a telephone adaptor. Your problem is probably your new router and its firewall for starters. Voipstunt has a section in Help for configuring the firewall.
VoipStunt | Free international calls worldwide!
As the OP mentions the HT801, its seems he's planning to use VoipStunt on a bog standard telephone which obviously requires a ATA such as the HT801. His old router may have had an ATA built-in.

Therefore the HT801 must be configured with the VOIP login details of his service. The OP should look here at config details for other Grandstreams adaptors as their GUI is very similar:

VoipStunt | Sip

cwjs

Novice Member
Thanks psychopomp1, that's right my old router does have ATA built in. I do not yet have the new router, as I don't want to be without a phone for more time than necessary I am trying to set it up before the change over. I have tried to config the Ht801 as the link you gave me shows but it does not seem to work, I have turned off the telephony in the router, I have also disabled the firewall (only for a few minutes). I am thinking there is a extra setting some where on the HT that is wrong. On the Status page the box for registration say not registered

psychopomp1

Thanks for clearing that up cwjs. I'm also using a HT801 with yay.com for VOIP, i will post the screenshots later on from my unit. This should give you a better idea - you need to change ONLY a few settings on the HT801.

psychopomp1

Ok you need to enter your VOIP service settings in the red highlighted sections. UDP is the default 'SIP transport' and works for me but you may need to change this to 'TCP'.

cwjs

Novice Member
Thanks psychopomp1, that is really helpful.
I did a reset and tried the settings above but I still see unregistered on the status page, I used both UDP and TCP. I have tried disabling the firewall but still get the same.

maf1970

@cwjs - maybe it would make things easier for psychopomp1 to help if you posted up your settings in the same way he did his.(main tab followed by other tabs screenshots)

psychopomp1

In that case wait until you get the new router, as you may not get the same issue. Alternatively you may want to borrow a router in the meantime from someone to test out the service.

cwjs

Novice Member
Hi Folks, I am back again, I have finally got my fiber installed and a new router, I reset my HT801 back to factory default and changed the settings psychopomp1 gave me above, it now says registered, if I call my number from my mobile it works fine but if I try to make an outgoing call I get a ringtone I hear it ring out then silence. Any ideas please

cwjs

Novice Member
Hi, thanks, I tried that but it is the same, I am also getting an incoming call every few minutes, the number on the phone is 1001 and there is nobody there.

psychopomp1

Hi, thanks, I tried that but it is the same, I am also getting an incoming call every few minutes, the number on the phone is 1001 and there is nobody there.
I was also getting similar behaviour on my HT801 (eg incoming ghost calls every few mins) when I used my backup router (Netgear R6300) the other day - however changing the SIP Transport to TCP fixed this. But you say changing to TCP makes no difference, why don't you try TLS? If still no luck, then the only thing i can suggest is get in touch with voipstunt and send them your HT801 settings via screenshots and perhaps they can advise you?

As a last resort you may want to change your VOIP provider, I'm with yay.com who provide a great service along with top class phone support. Another good option is Vonage, with them you just plug in your standard phone into their pre-configured ATA and its really easy - Vonage are probably your best bet if you want a simple & hassle free VOIP setup.

Sorry I couldn't help you further :(

cwjs

Novice Member
Thanks for your help, I have tried TLS it does not work either, I will try and get onto Voipstunt. I don't want to change as I have had that phone number for about 15 years now. If I find a solution I will come back and post it.

psychopomp1

No worries, hope you get this resolved. Btw you can migrate your existing VOIP number to most other VOIP providers for a small one off fee.

cwjs

Novice Member
I contacted Grandstream, which maybe I should have tried first but they looked more geared for dealing with businesses.
The answer was
Under FXS PORT page
- Set "Use Privacy Header" to "No"
- Set "Use P-Preferred-Identity Header:" to "No"
- Set "Use P-Access-Network-Info Header:" to "No"
- Set "Use P-Emergency-Info Header:" to "No"

To stop "ghost" calls
under FXS port page and set both " Check SIP User ID for Incoming INVITE " and "Accept Incoming SIP from Proxy Only" to YES

now working fine, thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom