Setup box just stopped working!

J

jlcantab

Hi,

I live in Birmingham. From yesterday afternoon, telewest setup box just stopped working. Not just properly, but it went dead completely.

But what I cannot understand is that there comes up no light even when I try to switch on the set-up box. I can understand there is no receiving signal at the moment, but why isn't set-up box even on with a power light?

I rang customer service and they said that there is a fault in this area and there is no power light when there is a fault. Is this true?

buffalo2102

Novice Member
No, it's not true. If there is no power light, or any other light for that matter, then the box is dead. Even if there is no service in your area or the cable feed is not plugged in the box will boot up and display an error code on the front panel.

Check the fuse in the plug and that the cable is plugged into the back of the box properly. If that doesn't sort it then call them back and tell them your box is completely dead and needs replacing.

def

Novice Member
Also a simple check - power the box off completely at the mains, then hold the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on the box and turn it back on at the same time. This will get you into the diagnostic screens.

But yes, it sounds like your box is dead.

J

jlcantab

Thanks. I changed the fuse according to Telewest's suggestion, but still no power light is coming up. Something must have blown the setup box. They will send a technician Monday afternoon. He will find out.