1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settop Box with DVI/HDMI

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by hinesle, Jan 27, 2005.

1. hinesle

hinesle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi does anybody know if there are/plans for a freeview box that has a DVI/HDMI output to be released??? I am not intrested in sky just free-to-air

Thanks

2. BestGear

BestGear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    ..not seen DVI/HDMI

The netgem has component....

D

3. hinesle

hinesle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but just after the pure digital thing..... with no analogue stuff in between the quest goes on...

4. havabanana

havabanana
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    . . . I think I read somewhere that Humax are about to release an HDMI-equipped satellite receiver.

Maybe a bit of "googling" is in order . . . :D

I personally hope that Sky get in on the HDTV act quite quickly, as I've had a Philips plasma TV for a couple of months now and really notice the difference in comparison to an ordinary TV (especially after hooking up a Samsung DVD player via HDMI/DVI - brilliant!!).

I guess over the coming months most companies will be releasing receivers with HDMI/DVI, so it's just a question of waiting for the right moment to buy the right receiver ( and then regretting it two weeks later when the next model is released - c'est la vie :rolleyes: )

I've just found the article I was looking for. The Humax is apparently called "HD-7000", but that's basically all the article says . . .

havabanana

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Your best hope of this is to get a box and SDI mod it. Try Pluggedin.tv and see what they say on the subject. I'm also on this quest.

6. hinesle

hinesle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

no matter which way you turn for HDMI it seems your stuffed at the moment. Dying to spend the £££ but it looks like a little patience is needed. Aaaaarrrrrrrrrr role on summer…
    :lease: