1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Settings for Toshiba 42WH18B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bjend, Aug 1, 2002.

1. bjend

bjend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading a lot of positive things about the Toshiba 42WH18B here on the forum, I decided to buy one, and got it delivered two days ago. I'm very happy with it, both for DVDs and digital satellite. My problem is that I'm not very good at setting the contrast, brightness, colour etc perfectly. Once I'm satisfied, I switch channel only to find that it wasn't as good as I thought.

Can someone who has the same set tell me what they've set the contrast, brightness, colour, tint and sharpness to.

I've never had a RP TV before, but have read a lot about setting the convergence here on the forum. Some say they use a long time setting this. Except that its difficult to see the blue coloured cross, the convergence setting went quickly. Am I not thorough enough?

Even my girlfriend likes the TV. She wasn't very enthusiastic to begin with (our appartment isn't very big), but now she loves it! The only negative thing is that I cant place my centre on top of it.

Hope someone can help me !

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my settings for this tv are

contrast 34
    brightness 37
    colour 33
    sharpness +5
    Tint 0
    scan mode natural
    DNR off

hope that helps

shaun

3. bjend

bjend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Shaunthedude.

I wasn't very far off, but it helped. :) :)
    I've now made a stand for my centre speaker by heating and bending plexiglass. It actually looks good as well. :)

bjend :cool:

4. RushmoreGrad

RushmoreGrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont forget to disable the SVM circuit board.

5. bjend

bjend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ?????? :confused: When ?? What ??

bjend :confused:

6. RushmoreGrad

RushmoreGrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/learnabout/svm.html

I have posted about this a few times, but people are put off by opening the set up.

It really is easy.

I done it with the 56who8 which had very easy access to the electronics. It took me about 2 minutes, as easy as pulling a cable from a socket on a circuit board.

The who8 are identical to the wh18.

Read the above material and try it if you like, you can always turn it back on.

7. bjend

bjend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When this is done, do you notice a big difference, and if so what is the main differences?

bjend

8. RushmoreGrad

RushmoreGrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ISF calibrators swear by disabling it.

I found the picture alot more flim like.

Also, by disabling the circuit board, its one less process that the picture has to go through. You will see what I mean when you see the inside of the set. Its a stray circuit board that connects to the RGB guns.