1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

settings for tosh 36zd26

Discussion in 'TVs' started by scotstevie, Mar 24, 2003.

1. scotstevie

scotstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI FOLKS RECIEVED MY TOSH 36ZD26 FROM UNBEATABLE DURING THE WEEK,PLAYED SEVERAL DVDS AND THE PICTURE IS EXCELLENT BUT I FEEL THE PICTURE IS NOT AS SHARP AS IT SHOULD BE WHEN VIEWING NORMAL TV .CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE SETTINGS I HAVE IT THROUGH NTL [NOT DIGITAL] I HAVE TUNED IT WITH THE AUTO TUNE WHICH WAS A BREEZE AND THEN SOME FINE TUNING WITH THE MANUAL MODE.I HAVE ALSO HEARD SOME BUZZING BUT THIS DOES DISSAPEAR,I ALSO HAVE THE 2 SHADOWS DOWN THE SIDES BUT AGAIN ONLY NOTICABLE WHEN VIEWING A BACKGROUND WITH GREEN ,IE FOOTBALL MATCHES CAN ANYONE HELP. STEVE

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Each individual set may well be set-up slightly differently in terms of the service and designer menu settings which will in turn affect how the user settings will need to be set for the optimum picture quality... however, if it helps, I've spent hours tweaking my 36ZD26 and according to the best tests from both Avia and Video Essentials, I have arrived at the following:

(All settings MUST be done in Picture Mode 3)

Contrast: 55
    Brightness: 49
    Colour: 49
    Tint: -12
    Sharpness: -14
    Picture Mode: Progress
    DNR: Off
    Black Stretch: Off

Obviously these settings are calibrated to NTSC encoded DVDs but do seem to provide the best picture I've seen with Sky TV and even regular analogue (although this will always seem a little 'soft' in comparison).

Hope this helps.

3. bibooo

bibooo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I totally agree with all the points Juboy has mentioned.

Have a look at my reference guide for the xxZD26P, set-up, calibration, problems, Picture Mode 3 are all in there.

Enjoy !