Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Settings for Sony 32MRX1

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Jezza73, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Jezza73

Jezza73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've recently bought a Sony 32" MRX1 and, although I'm very happy with my purchase so far, I have a sneaking suspicion that the picture could be set-up much better. Does anyone have some recommended settings for this model?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Jezza73

Jezza73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there no Sony 32" MRX1 owners out there that can recommend some settings?

3. bizarrefish

bizarrefish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll probably find this is a mostly Philips forum judging by the posts I have been following for the last couple of months :p. I was considering that model but decided to wait until Sony produce a HDMI unit soon hopefully.

The general rule of thumb for setting up really does come down to personal preference. With LCD's due to their nature dont show blacks as well as other technologys so I would say try to reduce brightness to a level that you are still happy with so as not to wash out your colours and dark levels. After this I would then play with the Wega engine if there are settings to see what modes work best with which sources, not sure if it saves the settings but if its the same as the TV's I have used in the past it doesnt so you may want to play until you find a setting that is good for most sources. Unfortunately until they start doing settings saved per source or channel there is always going to have to be a balance unless you like to change the settings all the time.

Not much help but maybe a few pointers you havent considered.

Cheers

Richard

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Jezza,

As the previous post mentioned, the reason that there is very little info on here about the Sonys in general is that they have yet to produce a TV that is properly Hi Def ready.

None of their current range will handle Skys HDTV broadcasts, so they have been lergly ignored on here. As soon as they release HDCP sets the levels of interest on here will increase considerably.

Have a good fiddle with yours until you're happy with the picture and post your settings! I'm sure there are some Sony owners out there to communicate with...

Jimmy