• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

settings for a hd65 with a grey 0.8 gain screen?

sparkymarky

Established Member
As i am about to hang my new screen tomorrow i'm wondering if anyone is using a hd65 with a grey screen (0.8) and what their settings are to get a good whites on a grey screen. I had one previously and didn't think that whites looked off colour but can't remember what settings i used!

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Unless you've got a means to calibrate the projector, I'd suggest you use the setting that looks most natural and doesn't make whites look anything other than white. Using someone else's settings doesn't always work because there are many variables, including the lamps own spectral output (which can even change as the lamp ages).

Getting the whites looking white and skin tones natural is usually the best you can hope for without calibration.

Don't forget to set the brightness and contrast using a test disk. It's one of the most important things you can do for image quality.

Gary

sparkymarky

Established Member
thanks for the reply, i do have a test disk dve essentials, but its not a hd test disk and i know there are hd ones out.

Sounds like a stupid question but i take it that i do actually need a hd disk or are they the same and one can just can be used in a hd player?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom