1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Volume on 3801?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kspope, Jul 1, 2002.

1. kspope

kspope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Strange request, but here goes.

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the volume of the Denon 3801 directly to a specific setting?

When I use my PS2 I always have to reduce the volume, so I would like to add a set volume to -47 command to my Pronto macro, but not sure how/if it's possible.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Kelvin

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is Nirvana for us Denon owners but, last time I checked on Remotecentral (where it's been asked before), there was no elegant solution. A full list of possible IR codes for the 3801/2 is available but you won't find discrete volume control in there anywhere.

The only way I know of is to send the required number of volume keypresses at small intervals until it gets where you want it. And the only way of ensuring that it works properly is to send about eighty of them every time you shut your amp down so it's always at -60 at turn on.

I want to be wrong though.

Mike.

3. kspope

kspope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike,

Bugger!!!

THanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that scheme would only work if I olone was using the amp. When the female of the house won't leave the damn volume alone all evening it blows that one out of the water!

Oh well, here's hoping.

Kelvin

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The solution I proffered does work, just won't take you to your required volume instantly. A "-60" command could be a 3 second depress so that, plus 13 'dabs' of the vol+, would sweep you nicely to -47.

Mike.

5. kspope

kspope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike,

Worth a play at the weekend me thinks!

Cheers,

kelvin