1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up Yami v2400 early thoughts.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sharper, Aug 16, 2004.

1. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Just got it out of the box last night and connected up the existing 5.1 speaker setup. (may get more speakers later, thoughts?)

Did the auto set up all went very smoothly (had to laugh as we thought some of the test tones were our neighbors banging on the wall, they never have before).
    Not much else to report as it was getting late and we could not do much else.

Immediate difference between my old Yami A5 and the v2400 is the clarity of the top of the treble range much more defined.

Will have a further play later.

2. Mossyman

Mossyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve, looking forward to more of your thoughts. I have just got a 1400 and cannot wait to get it going - lounge needs redecorating first before everything gets installed.

Cheers,

Jon :)

3. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 1400 last wednesday and other than running the auto setup, just haven't had time to look at it proper. Was away last weekend so hopefully I will get the chance to sort it this weekend. 1st impressions though - sweet! :smashin:

4. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Had a quick read through the manual during the day and realised the dreaded need for extra speaker/s kept arising.

Looked through some of the function very quickly last night and took it for a test drive by playing the 2nd Harry Potter movie (hadn't seen it before, not bad).

I cant say I was overwhelmed with difference in performance between my Yami A5 and the V2400 but that probably more of a comment on how good the A5 was for a £300 amp (I got for £215) more than a black mark for the new beastie which has only been auto set up and then used, some tuning may well be in order and I know my speakers may need to invested in in the future.

more to follow.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I found the 1400 needed a little time to run in to get the best out of it. IMHO a better power lead also helps with the sound of it and some anti vibration feet help with the bass.
    Then im just an eternal tweaker :devil:

6. Mossyman

Mossyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Interesting to hear about the tweeks :D
    What do you recommend for the power lead?

Cheers and thanks!!

Jon :)

7. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Power lead? interesting.

I 'll give it a tweak or two dont worry.

8. sharper

sharper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Had good long play with 2400 and went back in and set up equalisation manually and wow what a fantastic piece of kit this is. The sound is vibrant with good top and base. :thumbsup:

Leaving the 2400 to set it self up using auto setup I would not advise as all the result I have had have been disappointing as they have all been flat and subdued. :nono:

I would strongly recommend the Yamaha RX-V2400RDS to anybody looking for an piece of quality kit for their home cinema and the stereo performance ain't half bad either. :clap:

Now back to tinkering :devil: