Setting up Xbox One in secret (Christmas Present)

nick270881

Hiya, my nephew has been bought an Xbox One for Christmas by his grandparents

I was going to set it up for him before Christmas so that when he opens it he can go straight online and not wait for all the updates as their internet is not the fastest

Is there a way to perform the initial setup AND install Black Ops 3 without him knowing? We know his XBL sign in details but didn't want him to receive a message saying anything about an XB1 before Christmas

Could we set it up with my profile, install the game then delete my profile but leave the game installed??? Or can we simply not sign anyone in but still install the game??

IrritatedBadger

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't risk it. The code will probably show up on his Microsoft ecommerce page and he could know how to access that. He might also want to cut it open himself. :)

mklion123

Distinguished Member
Hiya, my nephew has been bought an Xbox One for Christmas by his grandparents

I was going to set it up for him before Christmas so that when he opens it he can go straight online and not wait for all the updates as their internet is not the fastest

Is there a way to perform the initial setup AND install Black Ops 3 without him knowing? We know his XBL sign in details but didn't want him to receive a message saying anything about an XB1 before Christmas

Could we set it up with my profile, install the game then delete my profile but leave the game installed??? Or can we simply not sign anyone in but still install the game??
I certainly wouldn't set it up with his tag on there, that will show up, but if the game is on disc, you should be able to set it up with your tag and then remove it afterwards?
Then let him put his tag on it when he gets it.
If they have got him the download code then you're pretty screwed, as far as I'm aware.

fragdude

Did this last year on sons xbox one, installed my profile , did system update, installed there games and let it do updates. Then deleted my profile, then on xmas morning all they did was setup there profile and they were good to go, if the games are digital versions you will need to do them xmas morning as they would be licensed to the account that redeemed them.

nick270881

Did this last year on sons xbox one, installed my profile , did system update, installed there games and let it do updates. Then deleted my profile, then on xmas morning all they did was setup there profile and they were good to go, if the games are digital versions you will need to do them xmas morning as they would be licensed to the account that redeemed them.

Cool, thanks for this, he has a physical copy of Black Ops so will do this

So.....deleting the profile will leave the game installed?? There's no need to have any profile at all??

fragdude

Just delete profile only and game install and updates will remain on console.

fragdude

If you have an xbox one and any digital games, you could be nice and game share, that way he can play your games free of charge :) did that with my son and he instantly had 20 odd xbix ine games

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom