Setting up Windows Media Centre

connectionsound

Standard Member
Hi everyone

I'm hoping someone could advise on this problem I am having.

New Xbox 360 trying to connect to a dedicated Windows 7 PC, which has all my media on it.

I got the pin from the Xbox and entered it onto the PC, it then goes onto a check list then kinda stops at the gathering library (can not remember the correct wording) and restarted the computer as I thought it had crashed and ran it again over night, still no joy with it.

Anyone had a similar problem? or can advise on a work around?

niall campbell

I think its a total waste of time , however we will see if we can help

You may find it just as simple as to press the BIG X on your controller , scroll right to Media , select Video , the xbox searches your network , select your computer & away you go

anyway have you allowed Media Sharing on your PC ?

DrPips

Standard Member
Can I piggy back this post. Trying to get media centre working. Can stream videos when press big x and go along to video, but media centre says it can't connect. Any ideas why?

djmc321

I seem to remember this happening to me and it being a firewall/permissions type issue.

As mentioned before, check your Media Streaming Settings in Win 7
Change settings for streaming media in Windows Media Player

and make sure it's all enabled.

Also try adding the XBox as a Media Center Extender via the 'Add Device' option in Devices & Printers in Win 7 (make sure XBox is switched on and connected to network).

Why did microsoft develop this method of sharing if it's not worth the effort to set it up?

My 360 is set to boot to Media Center, it's how I distribute TV (Live & Recorded) around my house.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom