1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setting up tosh 46"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sheep, Jan 24, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have bought the tosh and it is arriving on Thurs:) i have a fast pc running g/force 4 6800 gt with dvi out,sky, modded x-box,panasonic dvd and amp has anyone got similar kind of set up and if so any tips on installation and cables required and also how good is dvi via pc compared to vga thanks in advance for your help

sheep :D

2. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Sky and Panny DVD to RGB scarts. x-box to component input (via official Hi-Def Kit). PC to VGA, as it is apparently much easier to get it working at 1:1 pixel-matched 1280 x 720 resolution via VGA.

3. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    dont i need to connect pc via dvi to get the best quality??

4. jhkanguk

jhkanguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh has a problem with PC DVI. If PC is turned on before TV, then TV won't be turned on. I reported this to Toshiba, but they said it is normal with this TV.

They said they tested same configuration and had same problem, so they said it was normal for this TV.

I don't think it can be called 'NORMAL' but they didn't want to think of it as design fault. Toshiba kindly recommend you to always turn TV on first.

5. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    ahh well if i gotta turn tv on first no real biggy but will i get a better picture/res through dvi compared to vga...getting cables tomorrow alll ready for e.t.a on thursday and just want to know if it will be that much better...thanks in advance