1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up the AE100 - some questions

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Majik, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Simple one first - the HCPC is below the screen. So I need to put a 10m VGA cable up through the ceiling and down to the AE100, ceiling mounted above me - is this too much? I really don't want to lose any quality if possible.

I'm outputting via Xcard, passing through the graphics card - do I still need to set up my Radeon using powerstrip? The XCard is smart enough to sort itself out, but what about the graphics, and what effect will this have on Joveplayer?

Any tips on setting up the colours etc? Any piece of software that can give me optimal settings?

Thanks in advance,

Majik

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Majik,

10m VGA cable is no problem.

Why are you using an Xcard ? You'd be better off using a software dvd player like Powerdvd, and use the oft described Powerstrip settings for the graphics card.

With the Xcard, the output from the graphics card is routed through the Xcard, therefore you can't get the Xcard output into 1:1 pixel matching with the AE100. Afaik, Xcard decoding on it's own is generaly acknowledged to be inferior to Powerdvd/whatever, and 1:1 pixel matching is the primary reason for using hcpc, imo. Whatever output the Xcard generates, the projector will still have to scale it.

If your using the Xcard with a capture card for SDI and Dscaler, as described elsewhere on this forum, then that's a different proposition................... but you wouldn't be routing the graphics through the Xcard in that event.......

Hope this helps,

Sean G.