William Shakespear

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Sony 43xf80xx wishing to use it through Marantz pm6005 (cd already connected) into my Dali zensor 5s. I have a jack plug with L/R connectors (good quality)OR double ended L/R (cheap)....can anyone advise where I connect either with this system please?.......if you could be precise as I am tech illiterate!

You will need either

1. an optical digital aka toslink 'cable' (it's a plastic light guide really) between the TV digital optical out and one of the Marantz amplifier's two optical inputs.
  2. a 3.5mm stereo 'headphone style' jack plug two RCA (red black) plugs from 'audio out' on TV to a suitable input on the amplifier.

:rtfm: You should consult both manuals. They are available for download online if you can't find the paper version.
Page 10/11 of the TV book

You will need either

1. an optical digital aka toslink 'cable' (it's a plastic light guide really) between the TV digital optical out and one of the Marantz amplifier's two optical inputs.
  2. a 3.5mm stereo 'headphone style' jack plug two RCA (red black) plugs from 'audio out' on TV to a suitable input on the amplifier.

:rtfm: You should consult both manuals. They are available for download online if you can't find the paper version.
Page 10/11 of the TV book
Hi Rodgers53
thanks for your reply, re No 2, the two connectors have L and R on them, plus the jack plug, do you think this is suitable?
cheers....William

the two connectors have L and R on them, plus the jack plug, do you think this is suitable?
Almost certainly yes... if the jack is 3.5mm diameter and has three poles.

NB the TV pprobably needs to be told the jack socket is for audio out and not headphones (probably the default).
1587660479249.png

Almost certainly yes... if the jack is 3.5mm diameter and has three poles.

NB the TV pprobably needs to be told the jack socket is for audio out and not headphones (probably the default).
View attachment 1286984
Hi Rodders.........please see photos of what I was sold to set up using speakers, may not be what I need, what do you think?
william

Attachments

• 3C2C55E1-9BD0-447D-8CFF-B47F471CF530.jpeg
    3C2C55E1-9BD0-447D-8CFF-B47F471CF530.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 49A1E64F-7C5C-44E6-A859-A86FE9874C7B.jpeg
    49A1E64F-7C5C-44E6-A859-A86FE9874C7B.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 48

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom