1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Sony RDR-HX1000 DVD with SKY+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TroubledUser, Dec 22, 2004.

1. TroubledUser

TroubledUser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,
    I'm really not a very techy person and am having great problems with setting up my new Sony DVD Recorder to work with my Sony TV and SKY+
    I want to be able to record programs from SKY onto the Sony DVD Rec. The question is, can I set these bits of equipment up such that I can program the Sony to record say a program on Sky One and then switch to a program on SCi-Fi and then to one on Sky New etc, without my intervention? So basically I'm trying to replicate what the SKY+ box does anyway, but recording to the Sony DVD Recorder. I'm not even sure if I'vemade myself clear, but any help would be great. Many thanks.....

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I'm assuming the Sony has no way of directly controlling channel changing on the Sky+ box but not certain about that.

At the very least you could set up a timer recording on the Sony DVDR and set the Sky Planner to switch the box to the desired programme.

I'd be inclined to just let Sky+ record any programme you are likely to want on DVD and do the recording to the Sony later.
    There's no additional loss of quality doing it this way and it's probably easier and less likely to fail.