Setting Up Sonus Faber Grand Pianos

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by thatMikeguy, Mar 17, 2006.

1. thatMikeguy

thatMikeguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    HELP. I just upgraded my front end and now realize that my speakers are woefully setup. Does anyone have any experience setting up Sonus Faber Grand Pianos? I am mostly concerned about the amount they should be toed in and the angle (yaw?) of the speakers? Anyone??

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    If you can bear it,the Wilson Audio setup for speakers works well on just about any speaker system,as well as Wilsons themselves,and may be worth a go,as it's a methodical system for getting them sited pretty much perfectly.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/waspe.html

It can be tedious,but does reap significant benefits.

3. Mentally

Mentally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you don't get the outcome you expected after trying to place them everywhere you could I recommend just waiting for them to break in.
    You should remember that Sonus Faber speakers take quite a while to break in (about 100 hours) so it may be your problem.

4. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Why are they woefully setup? Is this the difference you heard at the dealers compared to what you are hearing in your home environment. If so there are bound to be all sorts of other factors to rake into consideration.
    Sonus Fabers seem to prefer a fair bit of air all around, not right up against a wall. They are stunning speakers though. :D :D

5. thatMikeguy

thatMikeguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Davee,
    Suffice to say I have heard these speakers sing! I simply plunked them down with little to no attention to detail. Hence, I am sure that they are not optimized. What I am hoping is that there is a systematic way to set these up. Any ideas? I actually have a full 5.1 system, however, for now I would bee happy to just get the Grand Piaonos setup.
    Cheers,
    p.s. very jeaulous of the Cremonas