Setting up Sky, DVD recorder and TV etc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hedley lamarr, Jan 4, 2005.

1. hedley lamarr

hedley lamarr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me...

I've just bought a Philips PF9946 17" LCD TV to go with my Philips DVDR 75 DVD Recorder.

I also have a Sky box (not Sky Plus); no VCR and I am thinking about connecting my stereo system into the set up - it's comprised of Arcam amps and AE speakers which are bi-amped and bi-wired - although this is not a priority at the moment.

The problem I have is that although everything is connected (probably incorrectly) there are a few problems.

The way it's wired up at the moment is as follows:

Sky box has a scart cable going to the DVDR; then there's another scart going to the TV. There is no other aerial plugged in anywhere (I do have an external TV aerial but I didn't see the point in having it connected). With this set up I can watch TV and change channels via the Sky remote, and I can watch DVD's.

The problems are that a) I cannot record from Sky to DVD and b) there is a slight lag in sound, ie it's not quite synched at the moment.

Could any one tell me where I am going wrong please?!

Additionally, if I plug the system into my amp via interconnects via the Sky box I get sound through the AE speakers but nothing through the TV, and if I plug it in via the DVD player I only get sound through the AE speakers if I'm playing a DVD. As I said this isn't a priority but I'd like to have it working eventually.

Grateful for any help.

2. DaveBro

DaveBro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's never the H Lammarr from SIMB ?

In answer to your question I'm a novice in this game sorry . :)

3. hedley lamarr

hedley lamarr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    One and the same matey - what are you doing here?!