1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Screenplay 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by maverick177uk, Jan 19, 2005.

1. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    I seemed to have eventually got my 4805 set up with the different aspect ratios so none of the picture ovelapped the screen, and then last night i watched a film through Sky and the left hand side was out of the screen a couple of inches!!
    Any ideas how I can set the PJ up so it fits everything onto the screen no matter what ratios come through? Is there any way of making say Star Wars fit the whole of my 16:9 screen so I don't get the black bars at the top and bottom.
    Cheers Rob

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Unfortunately not. to reshape an image to fit you screen would involve a stretch and zoom function which the 4805 doesn't have. Even if it did, it couldn't stretch Star Wars to fit a 16:9 screen without turning Luke Skywalker in a beanpole !!! He would be stretched so much vertically that he would look about 8 foot tall and as skinny as a rake. If you stretched AND zoomed it, you'd end up losing half the image. Nope, with Star Wars being shot in 2.35:1 which is as wide as they come, you'll always have the black bars top and bottom. Look for movies shot in anamorphic 1.85:1 which fits a 16:9 screen nicely.

3. maverick177uk

maverick177uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Cheers Oakley but does anyone else have the problem with Sky and what settings do you have on your 4805 with regard to keystone etc?.

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Insure you have both set to 16:9. If one is set to 4:3 and the other to 16:9 it will result in a distorted or loss of picture.

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Yes, but dont forget that most channels broadcast in 14:9 as well as a fair few still being in 4:3. I prefer leaving my cable box set to 4:3 and watching a 16:9 PJ in 4:3 mode as this seems to hold the picture together better.

Cap :)