setting up REL Q150

R

rileyd3

I have a Yamaha A2 amp,Denon 2500 DVD,B&W 602 Fronts,CC6 Centre and 601 Rears.What are the best settings for the speakers (large small etc) and the way the amp is to be configured for the sub (Q150) to give its best.I currently have it wired both high and low level with the fronts set at large, centre and rears small and the sub to both.
All views greatly appreciated.

Hi

Another option which works well is all speakers set to small, all bass to sub. Use either Mode 2 or 4 on the sub as this bypasses the sub crossover.

If the Yamaha A2 has any sort of Direct Mode for music, you won´t lose anything as the High Level connection will be used. Just set the crossover to blend with your main front speakers. e.g 50hz

Jase,
When you say direct mode what exactly do you mean ?

I have an option to turn off any effect on the A2 which is how I normally listen to music.

How does this affect the speaker selection being small for the mains as opposed to how I have them set up now as large

I´m not sure what the Yamaha does with its "Effect Off" mode. I don´t know whether it sends full range signals to the front two speakers regardless of speaker settings (like Denon amps) or not.

Some Denon´s have a Direct mode which ignores any bass management setup and passes the signal straight through for the purest signal possible.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom