1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Pvr 3500 and sky+

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by steevs, Oct 20, 2003.

1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hey all,

I'm trying to set up a pc with a tv card (winPvr 350) and soundblaster audigy 2, I have connected the tv card to sky using s-video which does not carry audio, to combat this I have connected sky+ to my sound card using phono leads which is fine while I am watching the program but when I record via the tv card there is no volume. Do I need to connect the tv card to my souncard somewhere or does anyone know where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I also have the Audigy 2. Can you hear the TV sound from your PC before you start to record? If not, make sure that the Line-In in Volume Control is not muted out and the slider is not at the bottom.

You also have to tell your recording software to use Line-In (if, in fact, this is what you are plugging SKY+ into on your Audigy)

3. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if theres audio support on the capture card as well as having separate audio card installed, don't you have to specify which sound device you want to use when capturing ?
    Maybe in your capture software progr options somewhere
    Check to make sure that the right audio input is selectde in the audio control panel
    and keep checking the audio control panel as I find that my capture programme keeps either muting the Wave line or switching smthg else...
    Now - whenever I get no audio from the HCPC, I go straight to the Audio Control Panel

Steve