Setting up Pioneer BCS 707 HELP!!

pcman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Basically my dad just bought this home cinema system. Now we have an XBOX, PS3 and SKY HD. What I basically want is to have surround sound for all 3 but i cant do that as the System has only 1 HDMI output and no inputs and also only 2 Optical Audio terminals.

My dad said that we could in theory plug the XBox, sky and ps3 into the TV and have an optical cable from the Sky into the system and one optical cable from the TV into the system. Is this the correct way of doing it?

TV is a new Sony with 4 HDMI inputs so thats not a problem.

All Help is Appreciated!:D

Oh and i forgot, the blu ray player does not have any hdmi inputs so how would i get Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from the PS3 and XBOX, would it be by running an optical cable fro the optical out on the TV to the reciever? and is it possible to somehow get TrueHD out of an optical cable.

Thanks

Running optical from TV to home cinema will feed audio to home cinema - but not 5.1 surround sound. The only way to get DD5.1 from Sky HD is by optical connection directly to home cinema. HDMI to TV first won't help - as HDMI doesn't carry DD. If you aren't feeding DD to the TV, it can't then pass DD on to anything else.

Get an optical switch - then you can have optical connections from all your different kit to the switch, and from the switch to the home cinema. Then switch between all your different pieces of kit depending which one you want to listen to in surround sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom