• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Setting up Outlook from behind a proxy

atsoc15

Hi there i am wondering if anyone can help.

I manage my aol account (main email account) via microsoft outlook, and my uni email forwards all email to this, as the uni only gives us access to the uni email via the internet site.

However i cannot connect outlook to the internet when i am in uni, and i believe this to be because of being behnd a proxy.

Does anyone know what i need to do to get this to work.

Thanks in advance

jaymz

This sounds like a firewall port issue as Outlook in this configuration will be using POP3.

I am not aware of a solution without getting the port opened on your Uni corporate firewall which you have NO chance of achieving.

POP3 is well known in the industry for being used by SPAMMERs as it can be used to relay for their emails and a DNS lookup will give the originating IP of your Uni. IIRC reverse DND look-ups solves this but it is not widely used.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom