• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Setting up my Onkyo tx-sr577

TheWelshScott

Novice Member
Hi Peeps,

I'm a newbie to the these forums and the world of home cinema and have just installed the following:

Samsung LE40A856 TV
Samsung BD-P3600 Blue-Ray
Onkyo TX-SR577
Jamo A102HCS5

I everything set up and want to check that I have done things correctly.

I have the blue ray plugged into the amp with HDMI and have set the audio output to be bitstream(audiophile).

I have the amp connected to the tv with HDMI and an optical cable back to the amp from the tv for sound.

I ran the auto setup and everything seems to be ok but It feels like the sound is a little muffled / muted coming out of the speakers.

Faffing about with some settings last night I seem to have stopped sound coming out of the surround speakers.

I'm intending on resetting the amp and running the setup again this evening.

I would appreciate some advice on any of the amps settings in order to make sure I'm not missing anything stupid.

Thanks in advance

squatss

SNICK

Av amps rarely sound great straight out of the box - so try experimenting with the various calibration settings. As long as your speakers are wired correctly with good cables, then make sure they are set to small.

Make sure speaker distances are correct, manually adjust if necessary.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom