• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

setting up my new hitachi 32pd5200 plasma

B

bigfletch10

just bought my new hitachi 32pd 5200. putting it in my garage that i've converted into a living area. my sky+ box is in my original living room and i want to run a cable from that sky+ box around the outside of my house(approx 15metres) and into the outside wall of my converted garage then straight into the back of my plasma which i will be wall mounting. is there any special thing i should do and any special cable i need. any other hints or tips would be very welcome as this is my first plasma and i'm a bit alien to all this.cheers, fletch.

Piers

Established Member
fletch,

The plasma is in the converted garage but the Sky+ box is in the living room. Right? Assuming that the Sky+ box is connected to some other display device in the living room you have 2 choices:

1. Digisender (or similar radio type sender) that will transmit the Sky signal to the plasma - RGB video quality and Nicam stereo audio. or....

2. Hard wired coax output from RF2 of the Sky+ box to the garage. No Nicam stereo but equally no problems with radio ability.

1 works well assuming thin walls, short distance, (but no digital audio which your Sky+ can provide).

Neither is optimum - only real solution is Sky+ right by the plasma.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom