setting up my equipment

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by krisstewart67, Jan 4, 2007.

1. krisstewart67

krisstewart67
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Newbie here!

I have purchased a Pioneer VSX2016 and was wondering if someoe could help me with the setup.

I currently own a Sky+ , PC and Xbox 360, what the best way to connect all this up to give me best sound and picture?

I wa going to plug xbox 360 into component on back of receiver, sky box into s-video on back of receiver, PC is already connected to my TV so just going to leave that. Then run a HDMI cable fromreceiver to TV to give all the picutre i need. I will then plug an optical lead from xbox, sky and pc into reciever. phew glad thats over my brain about to die! :suicide:

Is that the best way or is there another way, which will save on cabling etc?

Thanks

2. Benny06

Benny06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    thats the way'd i do it m8, tho with my denon 1907, i'd have to do it via component, but you more or less got it spot on there, just make sure you got enough and long enough optical cables etc etc they aint cheap!

I think we're both right, if im not, please forgive me!

Actually, u will need a optical cable from the 'opical out' from your TV to the optical in on your reciever i believe, thats how ive got mine done. I think...