Setting up Loewe Aconda

Iancity

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought the Aconda 9318. Engineer set it up and when he left I had a play. Everything worked, but couldnt tape sky whilst watching analogue, then I noticed that 'smartlink' was highlighted on my Sony SLV video. Had another fiddle around and now I've lost channel 5 (which was perfect before). Fiddled around again (Ive learned my lesson and will not fiddle anymore:blush: ) and the current state of my tv is that I get no signal unless the video is on, still no C5, even though I have manually tuned it, but it just misses 5, and still cant tape sky whilst watching BBC1.

Any suggestions on what to do before I call the shop. I would like to disable smartlink but cant find out how, and I presume the pictures are routing through the video, again which is not what I want.

Please help . . . .

Loewe setup and channel tuning can be a bit of a nightmare. My first suggestion would be to take the video out of the equation alltogether. Unplug it from the mains and disconnect any link to the TV or Sky Box.

Now, disregarding the DVD Player, which I assume you have connected to AV3 and set to RGB on both TV and DVD, check the following:

1. Is your Sky Box connected to AV2 on the Aconda?

If not, it should be as AV1 is best suited to the VCR connection. With nothing but Sky connected, is everything ok with your Sky channels? Are they all there etc?

Now check the Loewe Connections Menu (Menu--->Connections). Go through the connected device process and make sure you have DVD player set to Av3, Sky (Sat Receiver) set to AV2 and VCR set to AV1.

Now, time to reconnect your VCR. First of all connect the VCR directly to the Aconda's AV1 and leave out the VCR to Sky connection for the moment. Next your Analogue RF connection should be going to the Sky Digibox RF In, from RF out to ANT (RF) In on the VCR and from the VCR to the TV's RF Input.

Do not turn the VCR on yet. Leave in StandBy.

Now, check your analogue channels and see what is there. Do you have 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5? If you are still missing 5, try manually tuning it and make sure you store it on the TV.

Now, make sure you have Allow Switching Voltage turned Off in the Loewe Setup Menu. I can't remember where exactly this option is but I think it's under Menu--->Settings, or it may be done while going through the Connection Setup process.

Once you are sure you have Allow Switching Voltage turned off, also select NO for RGB displays at AV2. It will still be RGB on AV2 but leaving this option on means you cannot turn to any other channel while an RGB equipped device is connected to AV2. I think this was the cause of you not being able to watch Sky while taping Analogue.

Do all of the above and see where you are and post back here.

also select NO for RGB displays at AV2. It will still be RGB on AV2 but leaving this option on means you cannot turn to any other channel while an RGB equipped device is connected to AV2. I think this was the cause of you not being able to watch Sky while taping Analogue.

Groundy to the rescue!

I've been living with this problem since I got my Aconda and assumed it was a feature. I'll try this tonight.

Groundy, 2 things
1) Havnt tried what you suggested yet, mainly because trying to get to the back of the sky and video is a nightmare, however, I did notice that when I turn the tv on, and sky/video are not on, I get channel 5, its only when i turn either sky or the video on that channel 5 disappears and tv says 'no signal'? BTW, the voltage etc that you suggested were already in the no positions.

2) 4 times now the tv has clicked and the screen flashed (over with in under a second) and at first I just thought it may be the tv settling in, but this time the screen flashed orange, then went back to normal - any ideas what this could be - will give the retailer a ring on Monday anyway and see what they say.

Thanks again, Ian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom