1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up issues!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by withjet, May 16, 2005.

1. withjet

withjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,
    I have recently bought a Panasonic dmr-eh50 dvd/hdd recorder. I am tring to set this up with my tv (Sony crt, 2 scarts) and sky digi-box (grundig, 2 scarts) I have followed the manual, but seem to have a black screen when I'm looking at the channel asigned to the dvd player. However, when I press the function button on the dvd remote, I get the menu up with a tv picture in the background, only for the screen to go black again when I try to select another channel with the dvd remote (as though I were looking for a channel to record from) I'm confused by this.
    If anyone can assist me in the correct connections for these three components I would love to hear it.

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    First of all take a scart from the tv connection on your sky box and connect this to ext 2 (input) on your recorder. From the scart ouput of your recorder ext1 connect a scart to ext 1 of your TV. In your sky box make sure it is set for RGB, and then go into the recorder set up and select rgb for EXT 1 and EXT 2.
    One more thing I have noticed when I press the TV button on my sky remote if I have my recorder switched on the screen will go black. So if you set it up and the screen is still black try to press the sky button on your sky remote to see if this helps.