Setting up HDMI ports on Pioneer 4280XD

Olliewoh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope I've got the right forum to get some help.

I have a Pioneer PDP 4280XD and I am trying to link up my SKY HD box and PS3 simultaneously using HDMI leads connected to the HDMI ports in the TV.

I am having trouble getting them both working at the same time and can't work out what's wrong!

I have 3 HDMI ports which are available to use (1,3,4), at the moment I can only get the input 3 port to transmit any signal through the SKY box or PS3, all the other ports produce a blank picture. Also when the SKY box is connected into port 3 I can then view the signal through all the inputs on the remote (1,2,3,4), how can this be?

I have tried changing the HDMI input settings and port settings but to no avail! I have tried different HDMI cables in the ports but again I just can't get it to produce a signal in the other ports.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced similar problems?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

Hi all,

Hope I've got the right forum to get some help.

I have a Pioneer PDP 4280XD and I am trying to link up my SKY HD box and PS3 simultaneously using HDMI leads connected to the HDMI ports in the TV.

I am having trouble getting them both working at the same time and can't work out what's wrong!

I have 3 HDMI ports which are available to use (1,3,4), at the moment I can only get the input 3 port to transmit any signal through the SKY box or PS3, all the other ports produce a blank picture. Also when the SKY box is connected into port 3 I can then view the signal through all the inputs on the remote (1,2,3,4), how can this be?

I have tried changing the HDMI input settings and port settings but to no avail! I have tried different HDMI cables in the ports but again I just can't get it to produce a signal in the other ports.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced similar problems?

Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

I would be thinking connection/cable issues. The fact that 3 is working means that is enabled. Input 4 is dedicated to HDMI and should work without further enabling. Are you sure you are sticking them in the right holes?

Hi,

The HDMI ports were all enabled via the HDMI menu settings.

I plugged in the PS3 into input 4 as suggested and then put the SKY connection into input 1. At first I had the same results, only PS3 showing a connection on all inputs. I eventually managed to get a simultaneous signal from the PS3 and SKY box, I had to switch the input settings in the option menu to off which let me view the SKY Box on input 1 and the PS3 on input 4.

I'm still confused as to why the input settings for the ports should be set to 'off' to produce a simultaneous signal. Do I need to configure the ports separately?

I've still got an issue though;

When I 'enable' the HD AV Converter option in the HDMI control setting menu I lose the SKY signal and then can view the PS3 on any input (1,2,3,4), this explains why I could previously view the SKY box on all inputs. I can only view the SKY signal in input 1 when this option is disabled?

Does this option need to enabled in the control settings? I assumed it needs to be as it surely up scales the signal to HD or is this for an AV amplifier setting?

Hi,

The HDMI ports were all enabled via the HDMI menu settings.

I plugged in the PS3 into input 4 as suggested and then put the SKY connection into input 1. At first I had the same results, only PS3 showing a connection on all inputs. I eventually managed to get a simultaneous signal from the PS3 and SKY box, I had to switch the input settings in the option menu to off which let me view the SKY Box on input 1 and the PS3 on input 4.

I'm still confused as to why the input settings for the ports should be set to 'off' to produce a simultaneous signal. Do I need to configure the ports separately?

I've still got an issue though;

When I 'enable' the HD AV Converter option in the HDMI control setting menu I lose the SKY signal and then can view the PS3 on any input (1,2,3,4), this explains why I could previously view the SKY box on all inputs. I can only view the SKY signal in input 1 when this option is disabled?

Does this option need to enabled in the control settings? I assumed it needs to be as it surely up scales the signal to HD or is this for an AV amplifier setting?
Sorry I am not with you at all.
How can the PS3 show a connection on all inputs? And what do you mean by a simultaneous signal from PS3 and Sky box? They both send to tv at same time and you select the one to view from the top row of the remote, yeh?

You configure them separately. Select AV3 and when viewing that go Menu>Option>HDMI etc. That is Input 3 set up and 4 is automatic. I am lost when you refer to this simultaneous signal.
Leaving aside the HD AV Converter because off the top of my head I know not what it is how can you view the PS3 on any output? By switching leads? Even then I think 2 is non HDMI.
I will look uo this HD AV Control thingy although I dont think it does what you think.

An HD AV Converter is an external device that can act like a hub and this function allows for some control of it through the remote. Do not select enable if you do not have one.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The PS3 signal shows on all input channels (1,2,3,4) when I disable the HD AV converter setting in the options menu. That's why im confused, surely you shouldn't be able to view the signal on all input channels even if this setting is changed. The PS3 is plugged into input 4, im not changing any cables around, just when I enable the HD AV setting does the signal show on all inputs. And yes, input 2 is a non HD input, its scart I think.

When I mentioned a 'simultaneous' signal, I just meant getting the PS3 and SKY signal working through two separate inputs. Yes, I press input 1 and SKY shows then press input 4 and the PS3 shows. Previously I could only get one input to transmit a signal.

At the moment the SKY is working through input 1 and PS3 through input 4. In each input (1,4) the HDMI setting is enabled but in the HDMI control settings the input setting is switched to 'off' and the HD AV converter is 'disabled'.

I can't change the input setting unless the HD AV convertor is enabled but im not sure if I need to change these settings or leave them.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The PS3 signal shows on all input channels (1,2,3,4) when I disable the HD AV converter setting in the options menu. That's why im confused, surely you shouldn't be able to view the signal on all input channels even if this setting is changed. The PS3 is plugged into input 4, im not changing any cables around, just when I enable the HD AV setting does the signal show on all inputs. And yes, input 2 is a non HD input, its scart I think.

When I mentioned a 'simultaneous' signal, I just meant getting the PS3 and SKY signal working through two separate inputs. Yes, I press input 1 and SKY shows then press input 4 and the PS3 shows. Previously I could only get one input to transmit a signal.

At the moment the SKY is working through input 1 and PS3 through input 4. In each input (1,4) the HDMI setting is enabled but in the HDMI control settings the input setting is switched to 'off' and the HD AV converter is 'disabled'.

I can't change the input setting unless the HD AV convertor is enabled but im not sure if I need to change these settings or leave them.

The HD AV Converter must bring all the inputs together leaving the Converter to all the work, but I am only guessing but it is not enabled, good.
HDMI Control I view with mixed feelings, I would leave it off in any case and just control the devices individually. My PS3 does not appear to work with it and I do not see what it would do for Sky.

Tom,

Your a ledge, thanks for your help.

At least it's now transmitting on two separate inputs, I think I'll leave the HDMI controls as they are for now then. I did think the PS3 picture was a bit more lively when the HD AV was enabled but it might have just been me.

I think you might be right about the HD AV converter controlling all the inputs, I guess it might be worth investigating if I ever purchase an AV Amp in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom